Ch. 4- Jacob's Breath

Chapter 4- Jacob's Breath

Nessie's POV 

Jacob left with my father, I then fell on my bed.

I had to think about what my family had said and what Jacob and I had just done.

Jacob and I were soul mates? Stranger things have happened I guess; I thought back over the last four years. Jake had broken away from his pack to save my mother and me, He had taught me to like animal blood so my family could live here longer, he made me charms for my bracelet, and made me new woven bracelets as I grew out of the others.

Looking down at my newest bracelet I realized that Kim, Claire, Rachel, and Emily wore bracelets like mine.

I made a mental note to ask Kim, my best friend, about it later.

The more I thought about it the more I realized that I loved him and needed to talk to him.

Grabbing my cell phone I dialed Aunt Alice's number, "Hi! Is Jake still there?"

At least he hadn't left yet,

"Would you please ask him to come over? Thanks!!!"

I ran a brush through my hair. Panicking a bit; I thought about every single thing that could possibly go wrong again. A quiet knock broke through my thoughts.

"Come in," I called softly.

Jacob came in, looking awkward as he did so. I patted the spot next to me. After he sat down I turned to face him. We looked into each other's eyes for a long second. Before I knew what I was doing, I leaned forward quickly, wrapping my arms around his waist and burying my face in his chest.

After a moment he hugged me back, "I love you," he whispered in my ear.

Hugging him closer I whispered in his ear," I love you, too."

He paused a second, then he pulled away from me. I looked up to see him not happy. He looked down to see my worried expression. His face softened, and he leaned down and pressed his lips gently to mine. I kissed him back smiling. "Jake thanks" I said finally.

"For what, me choosing you?" Jake said.

I smiled, "Yes that's exactly why I'm saying thank you."

JACOB'S POV 

I felt her smile into the kiss. I wasn't sure what to do; I didn't want to push her further then she wanted to go.

She slowly ran her tongue over my bottom lip. Carefully, I opened my mouth a little. I had to break it off to breathe.

I had just started to kiss her again when I heard a low growl from her doorway. . . . We turned to see. . . . .

Nessie's POV 

I stopped kissing Jake to see. . . MY DAD!!!???!!!

"Umm . . . hi Dad." I said jumping up.

He didn't look at me but at Jake.

"Jake. . . Leave. . Now!!!" he shouted at him.

Jake got up and left after giving me a kiss on the cheek, making my dad growl again. He pointed to my computer chair and I sat down.

"If I EVER catch you kissing him again until your growth stops, there won't be Jake left to kiss, do you understand?"

I nodded.

He was scaring me, he was too calm.

"But- " I started but his glare cut me off.

"Dad, just leave me alone right now."

After he left I logged on to my email.