FIGHT SCENE - DIALOGUE

- This is a short argument between the queens.

Howard: And then I was beheaded.! 
Parr: Wow, that got pretty real just then-
Howard: Yeah.. I guess it did.. so seeing as I had the worst time, and judging by the rules of the competition... I am now the leading lady of the girl group, hit it!

Queens: WOAH!
Seymour: You had it bad, but that was not the most heartwrenching song we've heard this evening.
Howard: Excuse me, were you not listening to my song. There were four choruses, that's how much sh** I had to deal with!

Boleyn: Wow, being manipulated by men and paying the price, none of us could possibly imagine what that must've felt like- Oh wait, no I did experience that.
Aragon: Yeah, for the last 5 minutes of your marriage, Anne!
- It's mostly Aragon and Boleyn arguing in this scene. But Catherine is referring to how Anne was beheaded for "cheating" with Mark Smeaton, William Bereton, Henry Norris, and Thomas Wyatt, as well as her brother, George Boleyn.

Aragon: Men have manipulated me from day one! I was literally shipped over, from a foreign country, not knowing a single word of English, to marry some random dude!
Cleves: Oh my God, same!
Aragon: Oh, okay! Fine, fine. But then, when Henry decided he'd had enough of me, he didn't even have the decency to say goodbye!
- True. Catherine was simply banished to one castle away from court and spent the rest of her life there.

Boleyn: Same-
Howard: Oh yeah, same! Nice neck, by the way.!
- This pokes fun at how Howard and Boleyn think being banished would've been easier, as they were both imprisoned then executed.

Aragon: Okay, Alright, how about this?! When my one and only child had a raging fever, Henry didn't let me, her mother, see her-
Seymour, frantically: Oh, boo hoo! Baby Mary had the chicken pox and YOU weren't there to hold her hand! You know, it's funny, because when I wanted to hold my newborn son, I DIED!
- That's inaccurate to an extent, Jane died 12 days after Edward was born, so she had an amount of time with him and even attended his Christening.

Cleves: Guys, I had the plague! LOL, just kidding, my life's amazing. But to be fair to me, I was humiliated on an international scale-
Boleyn: Oh yeah.. imagine what that must've felt like.! Who else could possibly relate?!
- Anne and the Boleyn family in general were shamed after Anne and George's executions, Henry forced everyone to refer to Anne as "the whore" too.

Aragon: Oh pipe down, Anne! You wanna talk about humiliation?! Hmph! Well when I was Queen, Henry had not one, not two, but three, historically confirmed mistresses.!
- Henry did have more mistresses, but they're probably referring to three of the most infamous; Elizabeth "Bessie" Blount, who had an illegitimate son of Henry's, Henry Fitzroy, Mary Boleyn, Henry could've fathered two of her children, and of course, Anne Boleyn.

Boleyn: Oh yeah, well I had not one, not two, but three! Miscarriages!
- True, Henry and his courtiers made up the fact that Anne had miscarried a deformed baby, she also miscarried a baby on the day of Catherine of Aragon's funeral, and when she walked in on Henry with Jane Seymour.

Aragon: Well, you know what, Anne Bolooza!? I had, five miscarriages!

Parr: STOP! That's enough!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

okay, for real this has to be my favourite scene.

xoxo