HEART OF STONE - DIALOGUE PRELUDE

Cleves: YOU? Queen, please!
Queens, without Seymour: Ha ha!
- It's thought that Jane got off easy.

Howard, sarcastically: Yeah, weren't you the one he truly loved?!
Aragon: The one who gave him the son he so desperately wanted!
Boleyn: Aw yeah, like I had a daughter and he literally chopped my head off!

Seymour: Yeah, I know.. I was lucky in so many ways. Well, I had a beautiful baby boy, and Henry got his heir to the throne so, of course I was gonna be the one he truly loved.
- Henry was obsessed with getting a legitimate male heir, as he wanted to carry on his bloodline saying as he was only the second king in the Tudor dynasty.

Seymour: But you know, if Edward had turned out to be a little baby Edwina, well, I wonder how long that "true love" would've lasted.
- It's widely believed that the only reason Henry held Jane so highly was because she'd given him a son.

Boleyn, sarcastically: Wow, yeah, what a stressful situation.
Queens: Yeah!

Seymour: Yeah, okay, you're right, you're so right! You queens kicked some major Tudor ass, and that's what everyone loves to hear about! You know, like "Girl Power, woo!" I'm sorry, but what I mean to say is that, I didn't do any of that. Instead, I stood by him. No matter how many stupid things he did, I was there, by his side. And that's not because I was weak, or scared, it's because I loved him!
- This is true. Historians regard Jane as boring or vanilla, which can be true to some extent, but she was just incredibly gentle and loving.

Seymour: So, Henry-

---------------------------------------------------------------------

this prelude, and of course heart of stone itself, is honestly so heartbreaking. I feel so bad for lil jane!!

xoxo