NO WAY - DIALOGUE PRELUDE

- This is the prelude before No Way, where Aragon tells her story.

Aragon: But there's only one you need to hear from tonight. I'm about to win this competition! Maria, gimme a beat!

Aragon: Muy bien! So, since the day I arrived in England, let's just say my faith has been tested on more than one occasion!
Aragon: First things first, I was shipped over from Spain on the night of my sweet sixteen, to marry some prince called Arthur, and I'm like, "Okay."
- Catherine was originally married to Henry's older brother Arthur, but he died suddenly of sweating sickness at 15, whereas Catherine got through it and survived.

Aragon: But then Arthur died so, naturally I'm imprisoned for seven years, really helped the grieving process, you know, but still, I'm okay!
- Catherine was left poor and alone for 7 years because her father, Ferdinand of Aragon, and her father in law, Henry VII, believed it was the other's job to look after her.

Aragon: But then I'm rescued, just in time to marry Prince Henry! My dead husband's brother... okay..
- Henry VII, Henry and Arthur's father, was planning on marrying Catherine, but decided not to.

Aragon: So I'm thinking, "Bit weird!" But if you saw him back in the summer of '09, let me tell you he was.. ~okay~. 
- Henry and Catherine were married in 1509.

Aragon: So seven years later, we're still trying for an heir, and he's trying really hard! And I'm like Ooh! Okay!
- Catherine was pregnant many times, I believe it was around seven or eight times, she had 5 miscarriages, 1 daughter, Bloody Mary, and the rest were stillborn.

Aragon: And then he starts coming home late! "I was just out with my ministers." But there's lipstick on his ruff! And I'm like, huh! Okay.
- Because of Catherine's many pregnancies, Henry was encouraged to take mistresses, which he did.

Aragon: Suddenly he wants to annul our marriage, put some ~thing~ in my palace, and move me into a convent!
- That ~thing~ is Anne Boleyn.
Aragon: Nonononono! I just don't think I'd look that good in a habit. So I'm like, No Way.

----------------------------------------------------------

I love this dialogue! It's honestly so informative and it makes you feel bad for Catherine.

xoxo