GET DOWN

Cleves: Sittin' here all alone, on a throne, in a palace that I happen to own, bring me some pheasant, keep it on the bone!
- Pheasant is a type of bird, and a common Tudor meal.

Cleves: Fill my goblet up to the brim, sipping on mead then I spill it on my dress with the gold lace trim. Not very prim and proper! Can't make me stop! I wanna go hunting, any takers? I'm not fake 'cause I've got acres and acres.
- Hunting was very popular for kings, princes and noblemen in Tudor times, so here Cleves is saying she can totally do a "male thing" if she pleases. #queen

Cleves: Paid for with my own riches! Where my hounds at?! Release the bitches!
Queens: Woof.
- In agreement for a quiet divorce only months into their marriage, Henry gave Anna many riches, jewels, clothes and estates, including a whole palace to herself.

Cleves: Everyday, head back for a round of croquet yeah, 'cause I'm a player, and tomorrow, I'll hit replay.

Cleves: You, you say that I tricked ya, 'cause I, I didn't look like my profile picture, too, too bad I don't agree, so I'm gonna hang it up for everyone to see, and you can't stop me 'cause-
- So basically, Henry was humiliated by Anne, though she didn't know that she'd humiliated him and it was 100% not her fault, at their first meeting. So, never to be blamed, Henry told everyone that Anna was ugly and her beautiful portrait was misleading. As an actual fact, according to actual accounts of people in court at the time, Anna wasn't ugly at all, she was tall, with broad shoulders and a strong jawline, which apparently wasn't good enough for Henry.

Cleves: I'm the queen of the castle, get down you dirty rascal!
Queens: Get down! Get down!
Cleves: Get down you dirty rascal!
Queens: Get down, hah! Get down!
Cleves: 'Cause I'm the queen of the castle.

Cleves: When I get bored... I go to court.
- Anna was actually a welcome and frequent guest at court, she learnt English and became good friends with her ex-husband Henry, and close with his daughters Princesses Mary and Elizabeth, and she even took part in Mary's coronation procession.

Cleves: Pull up outside in my carriage, don't got no marriage, so I have a little flirt with the footman, as he takes my fur. As you were!
- There was a "court scandal" that when Anna was divorced and still present at court, she had a short fling with a footman rather than any noblemen. The 16th century tea channels are screaming...

Cleves: Making my way to the dancefloor, some boy's making advances, I ignore them! 'Cause my jam comes on the lute, lookin' cute, das ist gut!
- The lute was a traditional Tudor instrument, really popular at the time.

Cleves: All eyes on me!
Queens: No criticism!
Cleves: I look more rad than-
Queens: Lutheranism!
Cleves: Dance so hard that I cause a sensation! Okay ladies, let's get in Reformation.
- Martin Luther started the Reformation, which is how Henry created the Church of England to have all these wives, and it's basically why the Protestant Church exists today.

Cleves: You, you say that I tricked ya, 'cause I, I didn't look like my profile picture! Too, too bad I don't agree, so I'm gonna hang it up for everyone to see, and you can't stop me 'cause-

Cleves: I'm the queen of the castle, get down you dirty rascal!
Queens: Get down! Get down! Get down! Get down!
Cleves: 'Cause I'm the queen of the castle!

Cleves: No I ain't saying I'm a gold digger, but check my prenup, and go figure!
- Anna was very, very rich-

Cleves: Got gold chains, symbolic of my faith to the higher power. In the fast lane, my horses can trot up to twelve miles an hour! Let me explain, I'm a wiener schnitzel, not an English flower.
- Basically, wiener schnitzel is a German dish, Anna's from Germany, not England, so that's her taking a dig at all the other English queens.

Cleves: No one tells me I need a rich man, doing my thing, in my palace in Richmond!

Cleves: You, you say that I tricked ya-
Queens: Tricked ya!
Cleves: 'Cause I, I didn't look like my profile picture.
Queens: Profile picture!
Cleves: Too, too bad I don't agree, so I'm gonna hang it up for everyone to see, and you can't stop, you can't stop me 'cause-

Cleves: I'm the queen of the castle! Get down you dirty rascal!
- This lyric is based on the nursery rhyme; "I'm the king of the castle, you're the dirty rascal." Just with a lot more girl power :)

Queens: Get down!
Cleves: Yeah, come on, hah!
Queens: G-G-G-G-Get down, get down!
Cleves: Get down you dirty rascal..!
Queens: Get down!
Cleves: This is Anna of Cleves! Ahahaha, aha.
Queens: Get down!
Cleves: 'Cause I'm the queen of the castle!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Get ready for the really ~sexual~ one-

xoxo