I DON'T NEED YOUR LOVE

Parr: You know I love you boy, in every single  way. Though I love you boy, I'll miss you every day. Oh I love you boy, I wish that I could stay with you, and keep the life I made with you. And even though this feels so right, I'm holding back the tears tonight.
- The view of this song is Catherine writing to her sweetheart and eventual fourth husband, Thomas Seymour, Jane Seymour's brother.

Parr: It's true, I'll never be over you, 'cause I have built a future in my mind with you. And now the hope is gone, there's nothing left for me to do. You know it isn't true, but I must say to you-

Parr: I don't need your love, no, no. I don't need your love, no, no. It'll never be better than it was, no, no.! I don't need your love, no, no.
- The letter goes on to Catherine having to turn away from Thomas, for her arranged marriage to Henry.

Parr: I've got no choice, with the king I stay alive. Never had a choice, been a wife twice before, just to survive!
- Catherine had two other husbands before Henry, Edward Burgh and John Neville.

Parr: I don't have a choice, if Henry says it's you, then it's you! No matter how I feel, it's what I have to do.

Parr: And if somehow I had that choice, no holding back, I'd raise my voice! I'd say;

Parr: Henry, yeah it's true, I'll never belong to you! 'Cause I am not your toy to enjoy, 'till there's something new!
- Henry did nearly tire of Catherine, in one of their arguments Catherine said something and Henry contemplated taking a seventh wife, Katherine Willoughby, but gave up because she was too feisty.

Parr: As if I'm gonna give up my boy, my work, my dreams, to care for you! Ha! Darling get a clue, there's nothing you can do-

Parr: I don't need your love, no, no. I don't need your love, no, no. There's nothing left to discuss, no, no! I don't need your love, no, no.

Parr, spoken: But I can't say that. Not to the king. So this is goodbye, all my love, Catherine.
- Catherine's letter ends here.

Parr: So I sent that letter to my love, got married to the king, became the one who survived!
- Henry died in 1547 of natural causes, leaving Catherine the only survivor of his wives, and the only queen dowager of them too.

Parr: I've told you about my life, the final wife! But why should that story be the one I have to sing about, just to win? I'm out! That's not my story, there's so much more!

Parr: Remember that I was a writer! I wrote books, and songs, and meditations! Fought for female education, so all my women could independently start a scripture! I even got a woman to paint my picture!
- Catherine was a hardcore Tudor feminist.

Parr: Why can't I tell that story!? 'Cause in history, I'm fixed as one of six!
- Aragon, Boleyn, Seymour, Cleves, Howard and Parr.

Parr: And without him, I disappear. We all disappear...

Aragon: So we had no choice;
Boleyn: But now it's us alone!
Seymour: So we've got no choice,
Cleves: No we've got no choice,
Howard: We're taking back the microphone!
Parr: I'm gonna raise my voice!

Queens: They always said, we need your love! But it's time for us to rise above!

Queens: It's not what went down in history, but tonight I'm singing this for me! Henry yeah, I'm through! Too many times it's been told! And I have had enough love stories to get old. And you might think it's tough, but I gotta let your love run cold, we're taking back control!

Parr: We're taking back control!

Queens: You need to know, I don't need your love, no, no! No, I don't need your love, no, no. Can't let it get the better of us, no, no! I don't need your love, no, no. I don't need your love, no, no. No, I don't need your love, no, no! I don't need your love, no, no!

I don't need your love-

Parr: We don't need your love!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hi babies!

apologies for the late update, school has just been a pain lately.

one song to go!

xoxo