Announcements (Future of Parallel and Renoe)

Hi there Guys! Finally, after three years of writing, we've come to the end of Volume 4! I honestly cannot believe we made it this far. I was so excited while reading the comments on the last chapter! Seeing you all so happy and pumped for the ending was very validating as an author! 

I should have written this announcement earlier, but I decided to give myself this weekend off to relax as a reward for this achievement. Hope you all had a great weekend as I did.

So, to kick things off, I would like to clarify both the future of the Parallel series and I as an author. I made a similar announcement a few chapters back but had to take it down as I was still under obligation to keep things confidential. 

So, First Question: What is Paid Program.

Honestly, it's better you read the official explanation on Watty's site, but here's a brief rundown. With the paid program, readers (you) pay (or watch ads) to earn coins. These coins are then used to unlock chapters of a novel. The Parallel series have been chosen to join this program so in the near future, Parallel (the main timeline) will be a Paid Story.

How do I earn coins?

Coins can be earned by buying coin packs or watching video ads. A maximum of three ads can be watched per day, which gives enough coin to unlock a single chapter.

Please note that not all countries are currently eligible for video ads (but all are available for Paid coins)

Now, with this covered, let's move on to the most important question:

When Will The Next Volume of Parallel be Released?

Unfortunately, unlike previous Volumes, I cannot give a set date for the release of Volume 5. This is because Volume 5 can only be released after Vol.1 - Vol. 4 have been edited and uploaded by myself and Wattpad. Which brings us to the next question?

When will Vol. 1 - 4 be released?

The fully edited version of Volume 1 will be released on March 11th. The next volumes will be released after editing is complete. If you're wondering whether re-reading will be worth it, then I can assure you, that yes, it is. 

Why, you ask? Not only will the grammatical errors and continuity errors be corrected, but also, there will be added scenes and dialogue to flesh out some characters whom I didn't have the skill to develop when I first started writing.

All in all, I estimate about three to four months before they can all be released in total. Then, we can begin Volume 5.

NOTE: When Vol.1 goes up as a Paid Program, Vol.2 - 4 will be delisted until they have been edited.

ARE YOU INSANE!? WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO FOR THAT LONG!?

*cough* *cough* Uh... so, I know that's a really long time to wait, but you do not have to worry. There will be plenty of content to keep you busy. 

Aside from those who want to re-read, I will also be focusing heavily on Parallel: United Front during this period. Their story eventually ties back into the main timeline, and I've been searching for an opportunity to write that one (but Parallel mains would have crucified me.)

I will also be re-starting Space Hawk, an old tale of mine which I put on the back burner. The plan is to alternate daily between both stories. That way, I do not suffer the burnout I sometimes had when trying to write Parallel every day. (And since they are both heavy sci-fi stories, my ideas will feed into each other.)

So... When do UF and Space Hawk Start?

I want to start both stories the right way. So, I am giving myself this week to map out the events, characters, etc. before I go in. 

So, Monday, 24th February and Tuesday, 25th February, are the release dates for United Front and Space Hawk respectively. Mark your calendars! 

Alright, I think that covers everything I have to say. If you have any questions or want to officially contact me, you can email me at genaconovels(at)gmail.com. 

How can I support you?

If you would like to support what I do, and help make this a worthwhile career, you can head over to Patreon and pledge as little as $1 a month. 

The link is as follows: Patreon.com/renoe_k

I would also like to take this opportunity to specially thank every single person who has donated to me over the past year-plus. Some were only able to donate once, and many more than I expected have stuck with me for many months. A few donated as high as $50, and many more donated $1 or $10. 

I want you all to know that I love each and every one of you, and cannot thank you enough for your sacrifices. Every dollar directly helped me to achieve my dream of finally seeing a published version of my book. Your donations also went into my Grammarly subscription, learning video-editing from skillshare, buying audio equipment for Youtube and many more.

For helping make my dreams a reality, I can never thank you enough.

Alright. That's it. Enough rambling from me. Hope you all have a great week. If you have any questions please ask in the comments. I might even add it to the questions up here if I see enough people needed that answer too.

With this, I officially bring Parallel Vol.4 to a close.

...It's been one hell of a ride, ain't it?

It's been one hell of a ride, ain't it?