A/N: Answering Some Questions

This is mainly to answer some quick questions some of you have about the Patreon. I did not want to tack it onto the end of the next chapter which will be accompanying this upload. Don't worry, I won't open only a patreon chapter. I know how disappointing it is to expect an upload only to see the author talking about random stuff.

Alright. Let's get down to it. Here are the most questions I've gotten in the past day. I will regularly update this chapter as more questions are asked. So, here are the questions

1) What is Patreon and how does it work?

2) Do you charge per content or per month

3) Am I charged immediately I form a pledge?

4) Is $1 too small? 

5) What's Discord and How do I join?

6) Can I Change my Pledge/Make a Random Pledge?  

ANSWERS

1) What is Patreon and How does it work?

I can't believe I forgot to explain what Patreon is. I wrongly assumed everyone should know what it is. Patreon is a site for upcoming content creators, be they singers, writers, YouTubers, gamers, etc. who want to create content that is fun and engaging for their audience but can't rely on the regular means of earning revenue because of all the red tape and restrictive rules.

Patreon allows viewers, readers, music lovers etc. to help fund artists of their choice from as low as $1 a month to as high as 50$ or even higher depending on the content creator's choice in return for exclusive perks no one else can enjoy. A lot of users donate $1 to their favorite artists. It might seem small at first, but imagine what happens if fifty, or one-hundred people donate $1 each? That's the power of patreon. A lot of non-mainstream content creators are turning towards Patreon as their source of income. Some success stories such as Peter Hollens earns enough from Patreon alone to sustain his entire family! That's just wild!

2) Do you Charge per Content or per Month

I set up my Patreon to charge per Month. What this means is that Patreon will only bill you once per month, on the 1st of every month. What this means is that you can set a pledge for $1 or higher right now, and be safe in the knowledge that you will not be charged until the 1st of November. 

(For the sake of future readers, if you pledge in the middle of the month, you are not charged until the start of the next month!)

This means that all you need to do is be sure that you'll have the amount you set as your pledge in your account at the 1st of every month. For example, I can place a pledge of $1 because I am certain that no matter what happens, there won't be a situation where I do not have even that much in my account. That way I don't need to manage it, and I am sure I've done my part for my artist that month.

3) Am I Charged immediately I form a Pledge?

No. You are not charged immediately. As stated above, because of how I've set up my Patreon, you are not forced to part with your money the moment you set your pledge. So, you can easily set your pledge now even if you don't have the money as long as you're sure you'll have it on the first, and that it doesn't hurt you financially!

I cannot stress this enough! Please do not donate more than you can afford! I'm a mega fanboy too, and I've had moments where I wanted to donate more than I should have because I really loved a creator's work. NEVER NEVER DO THIS!

4) Is $1 Too Small?

Are you kidding me? Hell no! Most Patreon channels live and die on the $1 donations. Just imagine if 100 readers donated $1. That's a content creator $100 richer than he would have been if he thought $1 beneath him! Believe me. If you feel you can afford to donate $1, please do! It will go a loooong way!

5) What is Discord and How do I join?

Discord is a platform that was initially designed for gamers to chat and talk to each other in a friendly, easy-to-use environment. However, like all things, many soon caught on to its awesome potential and now its used by millions of people in different fields to create 'rooms' where they can chat with their fans in a relaxed, fun environment.

To join, all you have to do is either download the app on your phone, tablet, computer, potato, or whatever it is you use. Sign up, create a profile, then paste the following discord link in your browser: https://discord.gg/fHRA2qj

Alternatively, you could click on the giant plus sign on your discord app home screen to join a new server. When you're prompted to enter the instant invite, enter the following: https://discord.gg/fHRA2qj

6) Can I Change my Pledge/Make a Random Pledge?

The answer to your question is yes! When you choose to become a patreon, you are provided with the option of either choosing one of the creator's established tiers, or  making a custom pledge of your own choice if the pledge you're comfortable with is not within the tiers provided.

You can also freely switch between the different pledge tiers later on, and change your custom pledge if you feel you can donate more or less.

Thank you for your time and patience... Enjoy the next chapter and have a nice day!

For those who want to make their pledges, this is my Patreon Page: 

https://www.patreon.com/Renoe_K