Chapter 97.2: Delivering the Scrolls

Jatakem, Imperium.

3:41 p.m. 13th Zelyr 1092.

6 Days to World's End.

Whoosh!

Zuri swooped down through the clouds with Rider gliding just behind her. The little daeben flapped her wings as a beautiful garden came into view. She looked over her shoulder at Rider, who nodded.

Having received confirmation, Zuri folded her wings, and dived. She dropped like a cannon, but then unfurled her wings just before she hit the ground. Boom! Zuri hit the ground hard, and then dispelled her wings.

"Your landing could use some work." Rider softly landed by her side with a proud smile on his face. He then looked at the dozens of warriors and mages surrounding them with threatening glares. "Sayen, tell your men to stand down."

Sayen emerged from her temple with a mischievous smile. "You know flying's not allowed, Rider."

Rider raised a brow in ridicule. "Are you applying hume laws to me, right now?" He snorted, and then gestured at Zuri. "She's been practicing her flight. What do you think?"

Sayen chuckled as she looked at Zuri. "She is a natural. I very much adored her landing. Although the fish might have a different view." She chuckled and then waved her hands. "Disperse."

Whoosh!

"Not bad." Rider complimented the warriors who disappeared from view in an instant. He could sense their presence, but they were shielded from sight by some sort of cloak or formation. They would only make themselves known when a threat appeared in the vicinity.

"A little project to pass the time." Sayen remarked as she walked toward Rider. She then patted Zuri's head and praised, "Your project is coming along excellently, I see. Zuri is truly one-of-a-kind." She then said to Zuri. "I can't wait to see how you grow. Your future is bright." She then chuckled and looked at Rider. "I assume you have something for me?"

Rider took out the teleportation matrix scroll. However, he held onto it. "I think it'll be better if I do it in front of your Champion and his army."

"Oh? Is there a message you wish to pass on?"

"Yes. They need to know how this works."

Sayen nodded. "In that case, follow me."

Rider and Zuri obeyed. They walked behind Sayen as she led them out of the garden, through the main temple, and then out onto the hillside. Rider peeked at the trees around the hillside stairs. He sensed several of those shadowy figures silently following them. Hmm... So, these were Sayen's secret guards... Not that she needed them though.

Sayen, meanwhile, chatted with Zuri as they walked through Jatakem's streets. Many people, Summoned and Residents alike, stared in shock, but they did not dare approach the saintly fortune-teller.

Eventually, the trio (and their hidden entourage), exited the main city gates and came upon the vast grassland beyond. Unfortunately, it was difficult to see a single blade of grass because of the swarm of bodies that occupied the land. Thousands of warriors from all corners of Imperium, and even Markoth, occupied the once peaceful level 10 grazing ground.

No monster could be found within ten miles of Jatakem as they could not endure the collective pressure emitted by this impossible force!

"Listen! Like I said! We can't take everyone!"

Gentle Breeze shouted from atop a platform surrounded by the warriors. The young man sweated under the afternoon sun as he struggled to placate the enraged crowd. Who knew so many people would respond to their summons? The power of Razznik's name was frightening. To think that so many people were willing to risk their lives for the greater goo—