Ch 9 || The D.X & Sandy

(Hello! so I made a few changes to the start of the story. before Tay travels back in time it's just after New years, still set in 2019 that's all the changes, for now, thank u)

Tays P.O.V

The rest of the night was pretty chill, most of the gang stayed over for dinner, after dinner we played cards and watched television on their tiny box tv, Mickey mouse was on, and Two-Bit seemed way too invested in it to be considered, Normal. Maybe it was typical for adults to like children Tv shows in the 60s, but I guess ill never know, It was nice just hanging out with them and learning a little bit more about everyone, I still hadn't learned Ponyboys favourite colour and it bugged a little more than it should have.

"Okay, Favourite movie," I Soda said, Soda, Ponyboy and I were playing Blackjack on the cards while asking each other questions about themselves, Most of the gang had left. I bit my lip Movie from the 60s I repeated in my head the 50s the 40s. It came to me how could I forget about it?

"Casablanca, Obviously," I said in a 'well duh' voice, Sodapop groaned "Yours?"

"The guns of Navarone," Soda said "Hit me Pony" Ponyboy dealt him, and card and the ends of his lips curled into a smile.

"Ben-Hur," Ponyboy said, handing him the card, I shrugged, trying to rack my brains and figure out what movie it was, I think its some historical movie.

"Never heard of it, Hit me," I said, and Pony dealt a card to myself, a three good I'm at 18, still in the game.

"How about, Favourite Band/Artist and favourite song of theirs," Ponyboy said, I had so many but not as many that were formed in or before 1965 and it would cliche to say Elvis or the Beatles

"Frank Zappa, Trouble every day," I said almost instantly, he was one of my favourite artists, Along with hilltop hoods and Macklemore, I for some reason loved rapping and I was pretty okay at it. In 2019 I took a music class, and I had to perform with my Partner and enemy, Redheaded freckled and pale Amelia Smith, she was good at singing. She could play the piano amazingly. Me?

On the other hand, I did rapping, and I used to play the guitar. I always changed hobbies quite often. We had to perform together in front of the school once, and I was the worst thing I had ever done in my life, we had to be kind to each other.

"I've heard of Frank Zappa but never a song called 'trouble every day'," Ponyboy said, Shit, I forgot it was in 1966 god I was so close damnit,

I just shrugged "It isn't exactly a popular song," I said, laughing awkwardly, "Deal me Ponyboy."

"Hmm, The kinks. all day and all of the night," Ponyboy said he then handed me a card, a five that brought my total up to twenty-three. assumed my face fell because I saw Sodapop grin

"Judging by your face I won?" he asked, I just nodded in defeat "Hell yeah," he said and did a stupid little dance.

"Back off" I laughed. at that moment Darry came in looking at how he usually did like someone just hit him with a chair

"Its and school and work night, y'all should get to bed." He said and walked out, Ponyboy looked back us and shrugged. We all stood up, Sodapop was a gentleman and picked up the cards while Ponyboy and I made our way to bed.

"You know its funny," He said I reached the ladder, I cocked an eyebrow "I've only known you for two days, but it feels like longer."

"Long two days," I asked but also sort of state. He nodded and chuckled.

"Yeah, Loooong two days" he dragged out the 'long' for more dramatic effect, I laughed "So uhh are you going to enrol in school?" he asked.

"Oh, I haven't really thought about it. I guess I don't know. I was expelled from the last school, but I suppose I have at some point" I said,