Ch 28 || The Dance

~December 17th 1965~

Taylors POV

It's now Friday, day of the dance, woohoo. Now before we get to the fun stuff, let me recap what happened over the last week since there isn't enough to have separate individual chapters for each event. After arriving back at the Curtis place, Two-Bit snatched my bag of makeup and clothes out of my hands, and it took a bit to get it back. On Monday Madi came skipping up to me in the hallway telling me Soda asked her out on a date on Friday and I was praying I wasn't the middle man. I was, passing notes to each other like we were in elementary school until I got fed up and just gave Sodapop her number. What else? Two-Bit teased me about my date and gave me rubber on Thursday 'just in case' God I hate him sometimes. I didn't see Johnny all that much that week but when I did he was his usual quiet self, so I didn't think anything of it. Apparently, Johnny was going to dance because he lost a bet or something with his friends and had to take out the weird freshman girl, I don't know. Anyway Its Friday day of the dance.

"So I'll pick you at Seven darlin'," Jamie, My date if you forgot, Said taking my hand and kissing it, I chuckled and rolled my eye "I'll see ya there" he walked away. I giggled and put stuff in my locker. Jamie was quite handsome and kind of looked like young Max Irons but had sandy blonde hair and eyes the colour of emeralds.

"Oh, he is cute," Madi said, sarcastically leaning on the locker next to mine "Ya know he's trouble, right?" I rolled my eyes "I'm serious. I'm not saying he's trouble because he's a greaser, but he steals things and does stuff."

I laughed and slammed my locker shut "Madi, I hang out with Dallas freaking Winston and his gang. He can't be worse than Dally, and he's fourteen, nearly two years younger than me he ain't gonna do anything" I said

"Don' say I didn't warn ya. Also when is your birthday because I thought you were fifteen" she asked.

"Oh yeah I turn sixteen on January 26th," I said, she nodded and pulled me out the doors "You better not tell anyone when my birthday is" I threatened. Jumping into her car, she nodded.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

I pulled out my makeup bag and stared at it, debating on what to do, I didn't want to do makeup that was too 2019-like, but I didn't know what 1965 makeup looked like. I walked into Madis room; it was all white, there was an elegant four-poster bed sitting against the wall, across from the bed was a small fireplace with two fancy chairs sitting in front of them. She also had an extensive collection of records with bands such as the beetles, the beach boys and Singers like Aretha Franklin and Ella Fitzgerald. She had a radio on her nightstand that was currently playing 'my girl' by the temptations; I dug pulled out a magazine. As expected Twiggy was on the front cover modelling some bright, colourful outfit with some crazy ass makeup "Jesus Christ" I muttered flicking through it until I came across a more straightforward makeup look. I examined it and then went back into Madis ensuite where she was almost done with her makeup. I picked up my brushes and foundation and got to work.