Ch 7 || Skating & Movies

Tays P.O.V

The butterfly theory In chaos theory, the butterfly effect is the sensitive dependence on initial conditions in which a small change in one state of a deterministic nonlinear system can result in significant differences in a later state. Chaos theory is what is was terrified of, What will have changed when I get back to my time. I sighed, I was planning to leave Tulsa tonight, getting on the back of a train and heading off. I figured I could make to Chicago by eleven am tomorrow if I got on the 8 pm train, I would hop off and take another one to new york, that was my plan. A day later. I was sitting in a milk bar sipping on the most excellent milkshake I had ever tasted when Johnny walked in and sat next to me he looked nervous.

"Uhh Johnny, hi," I said

"Um, do you want to go to the double nightly at the drive-in tonight?" he asked not making eye contact with me and fiddling with his thumbs, I chuckled "As friends obviously,"

"Friends? is that what we are" I said sarcastically he didn't seem to get the joke

"Or, you know so we can be friends? it's to repay for saving my ass" he babbled and sounded nervous. "A-and obviously Ponyboys as well but he has football training early tomorrow morning so he can't come but he would if he could" he rambled on.

"Ok, Ok Slow down Johnny," I said, and he finally looked up from his thumbs as I placed a hand on his shoulder "I would love to go with you" I laughed, and his face relaxed.

"Great, Great Its starts at seven so, where should I pick you up from?" He asked still looking nervous; I took a sip of my milkshake

"I'll meet you there, Johnny," I said. I looked around and waited till no one was watching then I sprinted out the milkbar without paying, I had money, but I didn't want to spend it and I couldn't because the money was from the 21st century, Johnny was following me as I sprinted down the street. I ducked in an alleyway and checked that no one was following us.

"I could've paid for that" Johnny panted leaning on his knees, We had only sprinted one hundred yards so but I think continually smoking cigarettes had taken a toll on him.

I shrugged."It's more fun, not too. Also, you should really stop smoking; that way you can sprint more than a hundred yards without being out of breath" he laughed. I pulled my skateboard off of the straps from my bag.

"Yeah" he panted "You gotta teach me how to use one of those sometime," Johnny said, regaining his breath and leaning against the wall.

"Ok, come on," I said, taking his arm and pulling him out of the alleyway.

"What are you doing?" he asked.

"I'm teaching you how to ride it" I laughed pulling him down the street, We should see an area that had stairs rails and a large flat part, skateparks didn't exist yet so this was our best option. I put my board flat on the ground and showed him how to stand on it.

"...So it really depends on what feels comfortable and whether you are right-handed or left-handed" I finished my lecture, he nodded eagerly I could tell he really wanted to learn this "It may take a while to learn the balance. Still, it's not too hard" he stepped on the skateboard, and I immediately rolled out from under his foot causing him to fall back, I giggled but then went to help him up.

"Ok, this time ill help you," I said, he held onto my arm, and I helped on the board and helped him get used to balancing. He managed to the hang of skating around pretty quickly. After about god knows how long a Black T-Bird pulled up. One guy inside was tall, stocky in build, he had long, rust-coloured sideburns, grey eyes and was wearing a wide grin and wearing a mickey mouse he looked about 18 years old.