Ch 3 || Murdered?

I tuned out of listening to the two boys sitting on the curb, half freezing to death "Let's talk a walk to the park and back, Maybe then ill be cooled off enough to go home" The Pony guy said. I was a curious person by nature I always wanted to know what was going on in everybody's lives and it got me into a lot of trouble sometimes. I wondered what happened at Ponys home that made him not want to back, Maybe his parents beat him, or maybe he lived alone and just needed a friend. Either way, I wanted to know.

"Okay," Johnny said easily "Okay"

The park was about two blocks square, with a fountain in the middle and a small swimming pool for the little kids. The pool was empty now in the fall, but the fountain was going merrily. Tall elm trees made the park shadowy and dark, and It seemed like a cool place. Obviously, nobody around at this hour. I didn't really have a clue what time it was. but it seemed late, midnight? Maybe one? Pony seemed to be freezing to death in only a muscles tee, and the johnny guy snapped up his jean jacket and flipped the collar. I scoffed, I interpreted it as he thought he was the coolest lookin' person in the world.

"Ain't you about to freeze to death, Pony?" Johnny said

"You ain't a'woofin'," Pony said, rubbing his arms between drags of his cigarette but my attention was drawn to a blue mustang circling the park slowly. A loud blast from the car horn made them both jumped, and I silently giggled at their reactions but stopped when I saw them talking again.

"What do they want? This is our territory. What are Socs doing this far east?" Pony said

Johnny shook his head. "I don't know. But I bet they're looking for us. We picked up their girls."

"Oh, glory," Pony said with a groan, "this is all I need to top off a perfect night" He took one last drag of the cigarette and ground the stub under his heel. "Want to run for it?"

"It's too late now," Johnny said. "Here, they come." Five guys got out of their mustang and approached the two boys, They were staggering and holding bottles, clearing wasted I saw Johnny's hand go to his back pocket and wondered what he was doing he looked as white as the moon he looked scared out of his mind, What was so scary about a couple of drunk guys? I asked myself, they the boys back against the fountain and the drunk guys surrounded them, I approached still keeping to the shadows and thought there was more going on there. This scene felt so familiar to me.

"Hey, whattaya know?" The ring leader of the group said a little unsteadily, "here are the little greasers that picked up our girls. Hey, greasers."

"You're outa your territory," Johnny warned in a low voice. "You'd better watch it."

"Nup, pal, yer the ones who'd better watch it. Next time you want a broad, pick up yer own kind--dirt." another guy said, looked over at Pony and he looked at though he was getting angry.

"You know what a greaser is?" The ring leader asked. "White trash with long hair." Johnny made a kind of gasp, and his eyes were smouldering.

"You know what a soc is?" Pony said his voice was shaking with either rage or fear; I couldn't tell, I assumed that the guys in the mustang where what they called a soc "White trash with Mustangs and madras." Pony then spat at them

The ringleader shook his head, smiling slowly. "You could use a bath, greaser And a good working over. And we've got all night to do it. Give the kid a bath, David." Pony ducked and tried to make a run for it, but the David guy grabbed his arm twisting it and shoved face into the fountain, the other socs I think they're called kicked Johnny to ground and then joined in drowning Pony, Johnny slowly got up and pulled a switchblade and walked toward the socs. I realised Johnny was going to kill them, Why does feel like I'm watching a movie I haven't seen in ten years, it was so familiar. I had to do something I quickly pulled out my pistol and took a shot in the air, and every one stopped looking for where the sound came from, I stepped out of the brushes.

"SCRAM You murderous shits" I yelled and took and shot at the fountain right next to the ringleaders head, I had a pretty good shot, so it didn't hit him. They all ran back to their mustang and drove away in a matter of almost seconds. Johnny stared at me with his mouth wide open, I shoved my pistol into my jacket and ran over to the fountain trying to pull Pony out of it with little effect

"Help me" I groaned, Johnny came to my side, and we both pulled Pony out of the fountain, and I felt his wrist to see if there was a pulse

"Wh-what are ya doin'" johnny stammered frozen to the spot and looking and me wearily

"I'm checking for his pulse," I said, I waited for a second then felt it and sighed, and started to do Cpr on him while humming to stayin' alive by the BeeGees, it was a slight habit, and I did it ever since I learned how to do CPR.

"What are you doing now," Johnny asked and I scoffed then remembered that CPR was invented this decade so I thought it was ok to tell him,

"Cpr, it'll get the water out of his lungs," I said then Pony coughed and spat out water, Johnny smiled and went to his side

"PonyBoy?" He said as Ponyboy opened his eye "Hey man" he said, helping Pony sit up. I started to make my way to the bushes to grab my stuff "Hey! wait" Johhny called as I picked up my bag and skateboard

"What" I laughed turning back to him, PonyBoy was now staring at me too in bewilderment

"Thanks umm."

"Tay," I said answering his unasked question

"Tay, Thanks for everything," Johnny said, he thought for a second "What're doin' in the park all your lonesome at 2 in the morning with a gun and" he looked at my skateboard with a questioning look "That", I chuckled

"Long Story, I'm not from around here," I said, and Johnny smiled

"Yeah, where you staying let us walk you back there," Pony said getting up and using the fountain for balance

"Oh umm," I thought for a second, I knew there was a place called bucks not far from here, it still exists in 2019 and I knew he had rooms that buck would rent out. I once upon a time had a friend who lived in Tulsa they where friends with the well I guess the descendants of Buck "Bucks, and you need to walk me, I uhh have a skateboard," Johnny nodded

"I hope we will meet again," Johnny said, I nodded, Jumped on my skateboard and made my way to Bucks, I had no idea what I was doing or how I would get back to the 21st century but I had to try.