Masquerade

My first Trephacard one shot, so I'm starting with an AU I've been saving for a long time.

One shot/Royalty AU

Summary : Trevor was invited to the Royal Masquerade and thought it would be nothing more than just a fancy party, but when the prince and a sorceress become captivated by him, and Trevor becomes captivated with them, the night soon becomes very interesting...

__________

'Twas the night of the Royal Masquerade, a party celebrated once every year at the palace of the royal family of Wallachia. Hundreds came each year, all wearing extravagant outfits complete with masks that were either based on themes or were just the simple ones that only covered around the eyes. Though it was a huge party, most people didn't come for the fancy of it all, they came for a specific man there.

Prince Adrian (Alucard), Fahrenheit Tepeś. The crown prince of Wallachia, he was truly a spectacle. With long, blonde hair framing his pale face, he had beautiful features with a personality to match. He wasn't a rich, snobby brat, he was kind and polite which was ironically what people ignored most about him. He was rich, and that was all that mattered to them. Princesses and duchesses would flirt with him for hours just to try and get a coin of gold from him.

Many had never seen his face before, because, at every masquerade, he wore a different mask as well as a different outfit every time, making his appearance unpredictable. If the masquerade had a theme though (which it does this year), the prince would dress accordingly to that. This year's theme was animals, so of course, that meant for endless possibilities of masks based on land/aquatic mammals, invertebrates, and cold-blooded reptiles galore.

Now the masquerade was just starting, many people were already there though. A carriage rode up to the staircase leading to the entrance. When it stopped, a coachman opened the door and a young man stepped out, holding a letter in his hands which was his invitation. He gulped, nervous since this was his first time ever going to the Royal Masquerade. He was alone, his parents not attending this year as he was going in their place. It was his choice though, and he was happy to attend such a festivity. He was just a tad bit nervous, was all.

He wasn't a prince but was considered a nobleman since his family was a clan of talented hunters who were well respected and not to be messed with. What they hunted exactly? Demons, but only the family and the royal family knew that. Everyone else just thought they hunted animals or something. How foolish of them to think that.

Trevor C. Belmont, the current son to the House of Belmont. He had chestnut locks of hair, tan skin, and bright, icy blue eyes that complimented him as well as a stubble across his jawline. Though he did have a scar going vertically over his left eye, it seemed to fit him given he was a hunter. Trevor wore a catching outfit that bared the colors of light and dark brown, red, burgundy, and beige. He had dark brown gloves and knee-high boots that were the same color.

His family crest was also present on his outfit on the left side of his chest and on his back. He had cross straps that were a simple shade of red while a few buttons along his jacket were light brown. It all seemed to fit together well. As for his mask, the brunette had one of a lion, but it wasn't too much or went completely overboard. The mask just barely went passed his nose and went just over his eyes to hide his eyebrows like most masks did. It had shades of brown and beige and had a cream-colored trim around it.

He also had on a long, white fur cape that rested on his shoulders but didn't hide his whole outfit. It trailed a bit behind him and purposely ripped at the ends of it to give off a tattered look.

He really looked fit for the masquerade in such an outfit. The cold air made a shiver run down his spine, he pulled his cape a bit closer before walking up the stairs. A guard who wore a mask covering his entire face stood at the double doors to the entrance, his mask was gold with a black outline. Trevor silently handed his letter to the man as he examined it, opened the paper and read it briefly before putting it into a neatly stacked pile of others. He bowed slightly as he reached for the door to open it for Trevor, his voice nonchalant.