Scar

Credit to and requested by : DragonOtaku64

Short story/within the show

Summary : After a traumatic event that happened long ago, Trevor relives it in the form of a nightmare.

__________

In the middle of the night, when all were asleep in Wallachia, a hunter, a scholar, and a soldier slept. Without enough money for three rooms, but still a good amount for a huge bed, they were all in different positions and dreaming of different things. Some good, some bad, some in between, either way they were all in different places in their minds. What are they dreaming about, you might ask. Well, why don't we take a look and see...

___

With his huge fur cape rested over his back, Trevor couldn't stop shifting his position. He wasn't comfortable on his side nor on his back, he couldn't find anywhere he was damn comfortable. The reason was probably because he wasn't having a "dream" exactly (he may not be aware that he actually is dreaming at all), he was having a bit more of a nightmare than anything.

While turning his head to the side he saw many memories from the depths of his mind, good ones. Memories of his younger years, and before his family was exiled, hated, and burned. But those memories soon turned into the ones that he desperately wanted to forget. The day he received a truly terrible scar on his face.

___

While being dragged by two unknown people, the brunette saw his house burning to the ground. As much as he wanted to fight back, he was exhausted, weak from being beaten repeatedly, and had no clue as to what would become of him now. Everything was a blur (vision included), he didn't know where his parents were, the rest of his family, or anyone he could turn to. He was helpless in this position, being dragged to what could possibly be his demise.

 He was helpless in this position, being dragged to what could possibly be his demise

"So this is the son of the great House of Belmont." A man in front of Trevor asked as he had stopped being dragged but was still being held up by his arms. The man in front of him was obviously a priest of some sorts, and by the look on his face he had an incredible amount of hatred in his eyes. "You look like the dirt you walk on."

"You're family has been using black magic and witchcraft for ages, and so in order to not condemn Wallachia, we must put a stop to this." The priest said coldly.

"You..." Trevor panted out as he felt like his chest could shatter by how many times it was kicked. "You're the one condemning Wallachia... not my family." As much as he wanted to tell this priest about how his family has never used black magic, he was too exhausted to do so.

The priest didn't quite like the sass he was given and for that, he grabbed a dagger from one of Trevor's cross sashes. "That blood streaking across your left eye almost looks like a scar." He mused as he touched the tip of the dagger with his index finger to test how sharp it was. "Perhaps it should be one."

Trevor's eyes widened at that, this mad man was actually considering stabbing out his eye. The priest grabbed him by the jaw and yanked him closer while his arms were still being held. "This will teach you to shut your trap." He brought the sharp dagger closer to the brunette's left eye.

(Warning, this may be a bit gory for some reading this. Do not eat while reading)

Just above his eye the knife was stabbed into the skin and dragged downward. Trevor screamed in agony as more blood seeped from the fresh wound and down his face. The knife was removed, and when Trevor had thought the worst was over, it was stabbed below his eye and dragged as well. Another harsh scream ripped from his throat as the pain continued. It was the worst thing he had ever felt in his life.

His eye was twitching violently, his hands shaking, and he was panting and groaning from what had just been put on his face. The priest examined the bloody wound and shook his head. "That will heal without a mark, it has to be deeper to become an actual scar." He said before violent stabbing above Trevor's left eye again.

More screams of agony came from the brunette as he began to plead for his life. "Stop, oh God, please! Please stop!" Trevor yelled as he felt more blood dripping from each cut.

"STOP IT!"

___

Trevor woke up an a cold sweat and jolted upright from the bed, nearly screaming in the process. It took him a few moments to remember where he was. Looking around the room frantically, he recognized the inn room but was still panting from his nightmare. Running a hand through his hair, his palm brushed against the scar tissue below and on top of his left eye. It was still there, unfortunately.

Sighing in relief that it was just a nightmare, Trevor turned to look at his two friends. Sypha was still asleep, clutching to sheets slightly and Alucard was still laying on his back, both their chests were rising and falling slowly. Trevor smiled faintly, he might have had no family now, but at least he has these two.

He hadn't gotten a nightmare in a long time, so having one like this made Trevor really relieved that he woke up next to people he trusted. After he had fully calmed down, Trevor fell back onto the bed and closed his eyes, trying to get some sleep this time. He lifted a hand to feel the scar that reminded him of the pain he had endured, both mentally and physically.

But that happened long ago, and now he was here, in the present, where he could enjoy the time he had now. With that, Trevor fell asleep again, sleeping much easier this time and finally in a comfortable position.