As The World Falls Down

Based on a scene from Labyrinth

One shot/Modern AU

Summary : Weird dreams are weird.

(Alternate Summary : Trevor thought he was on drugs.)

__________

Trevor's dreams were always weird, they all started similar as well. He had never known a night where his dreams were anything close to normal, for example, this night. Trevor didn't know he was dreaming though, it was always hard to tell for him because they felt too real. Right now, he was currently falling into a black void, no ground below him, everything around him enveloped in darkness, and all while screaming.

Eventually, he did hit the ground, hard, but it didn't hurt him. Standing up, the brunette brushed himself off and looked around to see where he was. There were huge, pure white double door in front of him that clearly looked like something vintage or not something you would see in a normal person's home. The doors had elegant carvings in them, lined with gold, and the handles blended in so well that Trevor couldn't find them at first.

Sighing, he stepped towards the door when he noticed something. His clothes had changed. Instead of his T-shirt, jeans, and converse, he was now wearing an elegant white outfit. It wasn't too outrageous, just a bit... strange. It looked like something a royal would wear. Raising a brow, Trevor tried to look on the bright side, it wasn't tight or uncomfortable. He rolled his eyes before reaching for the door knob and finally opening the double doors. What was on the other side though surprised him.

After closing the doors, Trevor was immediately met with a huge ballroom that was crowded with hundreds of people he had never seen before. They were also wearing extravagant gowns and suits, almost all of them had lace, silk, or bright jewels. The people also wore masks that only covered around their eyes or their foreheads as well. Each mask was different, no two were the same, they also had unique designs and themes on them as well. This must have been a masquerade ball of sorts, so seeing how everyone had a mask but him, Trevor felt a bit out of place.

Yet, the crowd of people didn't even bat an eye when Trevor had opened the huge doors that led to the room, they all continued their conversations with wine glasses in hand. Half were dancing in the center with their partners while the other half wasn't, it was pretty even.

Still, it was a bit crowded. Trevor decided not to go any further and reached for the door handle to leave. His hand only grabbed thin air as he didn't feel the door knob there. Turning around, the brunette saw the doors were no longer there, they had completely disappeared. So he was stuck here... great. "For God's sake..." Trevor grumbled as he made his way forward and into the huge crowd of people.

(Play song)

There were no seats but only tables, there was an orchestra playing in the far left corner while people were dancing to the song they played. Trevor was walking towards his left when he felt eyes on him. He turned his head slightly, but saw no one near him that could be watched him, so he kept walking. The ballroom may have been a bit crowded, but it was big, there was a crystal chandelier hanging from the center of the ceiling that tied the whole place together.

Trevor suddenly stopped, he felt the same pair of eyes on him again, but he knew it was from in front of him. A few people in dresses and suits moved aside almost like they were on cue or something. Standing there when they had moved, looking directly at Trevor was a man whose hair was long and blond, his eyes melted gold, and who's skin was death pale. He wore a black and gold suit with white ruffles at the cuffs as well as a white cravat. His outfit was different from everyone else's, it outshined all of them.