Chapter 7 : Bullets Hurt

Start from the beginning

But not right now.

Isabela had felt the piercing pain when the bullet ripped through her skin, and she could still feel the pain that the bullet was causing by still being lodged in her. Her eyes watered as they squeezed shut and her teeth gritted together, her right hand quickly going up to her definitely bleeding wound, as a pained grunt left her throat. 

Now she knew. Getting shot... hurt like a bitch, and it definitely wasn't what got shown in movies and shows. 

But she knew that if she didn't want to catch another bullet, then she needed to move. 

The girl clenched her jaw and quickly moved behind a parked vehicle on the side of the road she was on, just as more bullets got shot at her. But she just ducked her head, her ears slightly ringing from the gunshots that were way too close for comfort. She swore that she heard her name and until then, she had forgot that Gisele and Han were still there. But they were still being pinned by the sniper, stuck more than 10 feet away from the girl.

Isabela stayed on her hands and knees, moving around the car as the shooter was moving closer so that he could finish her. 

But when he had finally reached where she ducked, and was ready to shoot her, he was confused that she was gone, with only a small puddle of blood on the pavement. 

Only for her to show up behind him and kick the gun from his hand, sending it skidding across the pavement, and before the guy (with his dark hair pulled into a bun could even register), she had punched him hard in the cheek, then she kneed him in the gut. But as he doubled over and she went in for another punch, he dodged it and grabbed her right arm to restrain it, before punching her hard in the gut. 

Isabela grunted in pain, but then realized where she had shot him, and slammed her left fist hard on the bullet wound in his thigh - causing him to let go of her as he stumbled back with a pained noise. But he managed to recover enough to catch her leg when she had kicked at him again, which allowed him to pull her towards him so that he could slam his forehead into her head, before he threw her into the side of the car. 

The girl fell to the ground in so much more pain, the wind knocked out of her and a new split in the middle of her bottom lip, and she definitely had more bruises. But what worried her was that she could definitely feel her shoulder bleeding more. She forced herself to move though, and used the car to get back to her feet, but when she looked up, her eyes widened when she saw him a couple feet away and picking up her gun. 

Isabela practically threw herself to the ground away from the car to avoid the bullet that then shattered the car's window, before she then propped herself up enough to kick up - sending his gun into the air again. She then used that moment to grab his still outstretched arm and use her feet to basically flip him over her. 

He landed on his back right behind her, their heads right next to each other. Which, when Isabela realized, she quickly moved and brought her right arm up to elbow him in the eye.

"Bitch." The guy seethed out as he then got up enough to yank her up barely because she tried to fight against him, which then caused him to grab her left shoulder, digging his finger into the wound - which caused Isabela to let out a pained shout, before she brought her right hand up and over her shoulder, scratching at him - definitely getting skin on his face when he practically shoved her before rolling away. 

They then both got to their knees, Isabela throwing a punch, but he just blocked it and grabbed her by the hair - yanking it so that he could turn her around and put her in a headlock.

But as Isabela's mind raced and her airway was cut off, she quickly reached down to grab his right thigh tightly - shoving her thumb into his bullet wound. Which caused him to loosen his grip with a strained pained noise, allowing her to quickly shove his arm up after she tucked her chin in, forcing his arm over her head - then she used her grip to yank him out from behind her and back onto the ground. 

Roughly coughing, Isabela scrambled to get to her feet to go run towards one of the guns - only for him to grab her ankle and yank her down.

The girl fell hard to the ground, chin slamming to the pavement hard enough that she bit the inside of her cheek, causing her to taste blood but she just gritted her teeth again while pushing through the pain. She turned onto her back as he went to get on top of her - but before he could, she quickly brought her legs up and wrapped one around his neck - forcing him to the ground next to her which allowed her to wrap both legs around his neck, managing to use her thighs to cut off his airway. 

He gripped at her arms and legs, picking her up and trying to slam her back onto the ground, but  even though each time sent even more pain through her, she just squeezed her eyes and held on tighter. 

Eventually he fell to the side limply, eyes closed. 

Isabela didn't waste any time to let go and kick him off of her, before she scrambled away, struggling to get to her feet and run over to the gun. But once she grabbed it and whipped around... he was gone. 

The brunette quickly checked all around before she then spit out a mouthful of blood on the ground, bringing her arm up to wipe at her mouth and chin, since she could feel the split lip have a trail of blood rolling down her chin. But she didn't put her gun away until she was sure that he was gone, allowing her to turn the safety back on and shove the pistol behind her back, putting it in the waistband of her jeans. 

As she headed back to the cars, she was starting to get dizzy, but just ignored it. Apparently the sniper had also gone because once she came into view, the other two rushed over to her - having seen her get shot and having seen glimpses of the fight. 

The two went to her side, Han looking at her as Gisele looked back at where she had come from. "Where'd he go?"

"Gone." The girl grunted in pain, causing Gisele to then move towards her left side, seeing her shoulder and looking at her with her brows pulled together in concern. "Are you okay?"

Isabela let out a bitter scoff, "Getting shot hurts like a bitch."

"Come on. Let's get out of here." Han said as he led them to the cars, but when she stumbled, Gisele quickly caught her elbow to steady her as she looked back at Han and nodded. "I'll drive her back. We'll be right behind you."