Epilogue : Red Moon

Start from the beginning

"Hyung!" the boy complains, utterly shocked at the unexpected betrayal.

You find the corners of your lips upturn, delighted from these harmless quarrels that reminded you of the way you'd always been with each other. Playful, mischievous and happy.

"Now you're the one smiling, " you find Jungkook staring at you unabashedly.

You change your expression with lightning speed, just as he'd done earlier. "Oh shut up, Jungkook."

"It's a shame that the both of you didn't pursue acting, " Namjoon intervenes. "I was really speechless at your little game back there with manager-nim."

"I didn't even know it was gonna work, " you admit. "I was just hoping he would fall for the trick."

"You did well, though, " Jungkook says. "At first I almost thought you were being for real. But then you dropped the hint and I went along with the game."

"What hint?" Namjoon asks.

"She said the words 'fake it' and stared at me so hard, it was impossible not to tell. Besides-" he throws a leg across his knee. "- I know you would never say those things about me."

You look away and choose to stare hard at the scenery skipping past your eyes, the presence of Namjoon suddenly making you too self-conscious. He rapidly switches glances between you and Jungkook, trying to make sense of it all. "I don't understand what's going on."

"It doesn't matter. Jungkook-Hyung will explain it to you later, " you clarify for him.

They both do a double-take, one giving you a death glare while the other just a confused one.

"Why are you calling me that, Y/N?" the former demands. "Namjoon-hyung already knows about us."

This whole situation didn't sit well with you. You don't take your eyes off the window but choose to talk with their obscure reflections instead. "But the others-"

"Y/N, literally everyone knew about the two of you, " Namjoon's reflection says. "You were the one who took the longest to realize it."

This was crazy. Even after all the hell you'd been through, you still felt concerned over their thoughts and opinions and the light they saw you in. Were they okay with it? Did they feel angry? Betrayed? Disappointed? Just what did they feel?

You rest your forehead on the glass pane of the window and shut your eyes tight. There was a throbbing ache in between your brows that was growing more and more intense and you just wanted it gone. "What do I do? Tell me, please. I'm tired, " you drawl the words out.

"First, you stop whining, that's what you should do, " Jungkook's slightly irritated voice causes your eyelids to shoot open, vision straying out of focus.

"Jungkook, it's better if you-"

"No, hyung. She's been going on like this since I can remember. I already told her that I was being serious about us and I don't think the others would ever say anything against it but she just doesn't want to admit it. It's always the people. Always the damn people. Well, screw the people. I don't even care at this po- why won't you look at me?"

As if on cue, your eyes raise deliberately towards the glass till they hold his stare. His hands are paused mid-air, strangely resembling a choking position. The heat in his words had been real after all.

"Don't turn your back on me, " he continues, his voice an octave lower.

You turn around.

Jungkook lowers his hands into his lap. "Stop making things harder. It's not that deep."