Call me Chameleon

You had been tossing and turning for a while now.

 You were aware that your constant movements were probably not letting him rest in peace , but you couldn't help it. Your skin felt hot to the touch and there was this inexplicable thirst that had you gasping for air. You had no idea whether it was the uneasiness of sharing the same bed with him or just plain dehydration.

Whatever the case, you had to get some water right now.

Giving up on the restless bustling, you stand up in a sitting position.
You are about to pull the sheets off of you, when you pause, your hand mid-air.

The rays of moonlight cast over Jungkook, illuminating his face in an other - worldly aura.
His mouth is slightly open, his long, dark lashes brushing against his skin. He has his hand relaxed on the pillow, right next to his curls,spread out around his head like a dark halo

You can't stop looking at him, mesmerized by what's in front of you.

You've never seen him like this - so at peace and innocent. He never wants to show his vulnerable side to others and you do the same yourself, but there's something so beautiful that you find in this unseen side of him.

Your breath hitches in your throat.

You get up from the bed and pull the sheets tighter over him to make sure he won't get cold.
He stirs but doesn't wake up. You glance at him one more time and leave the room.

You go down the stairs soundlessly, trying not to wake anyone up, while savoring the feel of the cool surface of the tiles under your bare feet.

You enter the kitchen, heading right for the fridge and start when you see its door halfway - open, its light casting a shadow onto the floor.

You put a hand on your mouth and squeak like a mouse.

The door opens wider and you see Taehyung sitting in front of the fridge,a celery stick dangling from his mouth.

"Hyung, what the hell?" You whisper in a shout.

"I wav hungy", he says, his words barely discernible from the food in his mouth.

You sigh through your nose and join him in front of the fridge.
You take out a bottle of water, and chug it down, the cold liquid quenching your thirst.
After you're finished, Taehyung grabs the bottle from your hands and takes a sip himself.

"Didn't you eat enough for dinner?" You ask him.

"A little extra food never hurt nobody." He looks fixedly at your neck. "What's up with you? Why are you all sweaty?"

"It's hot," you reply.

A grin appears on his face and he wiggles his eyebrows.

"Did Jungkookie, perhaps take off his shirt?"

You pull him hard by the ear and he groans in pain.

Then, suddenly you hear steps coming closer.

You peek at the fridge door and see Jungkook standing like a statue in the center of the room.

"There you are," he says. "I was wondering where you'd gone."

You gulp.

Did he hear any of the things Tae said?

"Where else would I go?"

"I don't know, I woke up and noticed the empty bed, so I thought you had been sleepwalking or something."

He looks at the bottle of water Taehyung is holding. "Hey, gimme that. I'm thirsty."

His throat, glistening with sweat, bobs with each gulp of water and you realize you are staring.
Clearing your throat, you get up and plaster a nervous smile on your face.