Let go

You wish you could say you'd kicked him out and slammed the door on his face.

But you didn't.

As he looks at you with sleepless eyes, waiting for your decision, you fall prey to the little voice on your head, telling you to let him in.

"Okay." you say.

Sneaky little voice.

He smiles sheepishly when you open the door wider, giving him space to  come inside and you notice that he seems a little nervous, fidgeting with the hem of his T-shirt.

You try not to let your vision dip down to his exposed thighs, smooth white skin visible even in the darkness.

"Couldn't sleep?" you ask, distracting yourself.

He scratches the back of his head, making his right biceps flex.

"Yeah. The room was a little bit uncomfortable."

"This one's even more uncomfortable." you reply, sweeping your eyes over the small bed and the boxes lying carelessly on the floor. It was a minuscule space but you only came here to sleep, so you didn't really mind.

"Yeah, but you are in it, so I don't care." he says.

Your lips twitch.

"Okay, Jungkook. Whatever you say."

He lifts his head higher in smug satisfaction.
You flick your eyes to the bed and almost groan in annoyance.

"So... uh... I don't think that's gonna fit the both of us. It's too small even for me."

He turns his head where you're looking and narrows his eyes, grabbing the mattress with both hands and pulling it down on the floor.

"What is it with us and small beds?" he huffs. "It's better if we just sleep on the floor. That way we don't risk falling."

You nod and give him a hand, positioning the mattress a little bit, and then you plop down on it.
He quickly joins you, crawling on all fours till he reaches the other side.
You're both laying together, splayed out as much as the space could allow, listening to the silence hanging in the air.

"Good night, Kook." you whisper and turn  your back on him, but he grips your wrist.

"Wait."

You peek at him, concern suddenly getting hold of you.

"Why, what's wrong?"

"Don't sleep...just yet. I don't wanna be alone."

Your eyes don't leave his form for a second as you turn around completely to face him.
You take the hand that's gripping your wrist and start rubbing comforting circles on it.

"It's okay. I'm right here."

Your words seem to relax him, as he immediately inches closer, wrapping his arms around your waist and nuzzling his face at the crook of your neck.
With a mind of its own, your hand finds his hair and runs softly through the jet-black strands.
You feel his eyelashes tickle your skin as they flutter and close.

"I could get used to this." Jungkook's voice rumbles through your body.

You'd rarely seen this side of him, you realize.

This soft, angelic aspect.

Jeon Jungkook had a  duality ; you were quite aware of that, but you couldn't help but feel stunned every time you were introduced to these new little details.
Even after all these years of living in the same house, there were still things you didn't know, different traits of his personality you discovered every day, making you crave to know more, to know his every flaw, his every habit.