Catch me if you can

You rub the sleep out of your eyes, even though there's no need for it anymore.

Jungkook's sudden words have made your brain start working in full capacity, trying to work a way out of this situation.

"Don't deny it. I heard you in your sleep." he says.

"Jungkook, I–"

"Why did you do that, Y/N? Am I not capable enough in your eyes? Were you  scared I wasn't gonna make it on my own?"

His eyes hold in them a look of disappointment you know all too well. You've seen it so many times on everyone's faces, because that was  what you did—you let people down on and on and on.
You were scared that someday, there would be no one by your side.

"Why do you keep doing this? Why do you try to hold everything on your own shoulders? You think I would like that? Huh? You think I would enjoy seeing you work your ass off while I laid down like some old man?"

His voice raises with his every word and you start worrying someone will hear you, but he doesn't seem to care.

He was going all out, job be damned.

"I had no other choice, Jung-"

"You should've told me!" he shouts. "I would've done the extra work and more than that."

"I didn't want you to go through the struggle again. I've burdened you enough as it is."

"THAT'S NOT YOUR DECISION TO MAKE!" he bellows and you hear it echo across the small room.

Your lips are sealed tight, trying not to whimper at his burst of anger.
You didn't want this to happen.
You just wanted to forget about everything, to not care about things anymore.
You wanted to watch the world blur away and be with him.

The flames of his fury lower down for just a moment and he takes a deep breath, calming himself down.
Then, without warning, he turns around and slams the door shut behind him, not giving you a chance to even say something back.

The mechanisms of your brain finally click into place and you're on the move, racing after him, but he's nowhere to be seen.

The hall is empty.

What were you going to do now?

If only Jungkook hadn't found out for another couple of days...

You go back into the room and rub your face in frustration.
Your back meets the door and you lean heavily on it, staring off into space.
You stay like that for a while.

Thinking and not thinking.

Replaying in your head everything that has happened.

You don't realize how much time has passed when the door opens and you're sent reeling forward like a bowling pin.

In enters Jungkook, who looks as if he'll apologize at the sight of you but then thinks better of it.
There are several Euro banknotes on his hands, almost balled up into angry fists.
He's fully dressed now, the old T-shirt and shorts he was wearing before, nowhere to be seen.

"Pack your things. We're leaving." he says in a low voice, still not levelling his eyes with yours.

"What do you mean? Where were you?"

"Pack your things." He repeats through clenched teeth and doesn't wait for you to start blabbering again.
He starts picking at random clothes on the floor and shoves them angrily in the suitcase.

There's a vein bulging on the side of his neck and a strain on his shoulders.
It looked like he was barely holding himself back and you were not sure why.