Stay

"No you don't."

"What?"

"You felt the need to say that because I've been taking care of you, that's all."

He gives you an incredulous look, mouth opening and closing like a fish.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"It means that you feel bad for me and you said that so I could feel better," you say.

He grips you by the the straps of your tank top and pulls you to him.

"Do you really think I would do that? Take pity on you? Is that what you're saying?!" he growls into your face.

You're taken aback by his sudden outburst. He looks angry, but his fingers are gentle and the proximity of his face to yours is anything but hostile.
His eyes keep staring at your lips.

"I've felt like this for five god damn years, but you're just too stupid to notice anything."

Jungkook's breath tickles your face as he struggles to get the words out of him.

"I love everything about you - the way you look, the way you act, the way you you scrunch your nose when you're reading, the way you tend to put other people's needs before your own.."

His expression softens a little and his hands abandon your shirt to cradle your face.

"I love you, Y/N and nothing can change that."

Your vision turns blurry because of the tears threatening to spill.
Your lips quiver and you're just about to say something back, when a rustle of leaves makes you both freeze.

At the edge of the hollow, a man's feet appear.

You and Jungkook flatten against the wall, him protectively shoving you against his back, even with his injury.

The man's feet are illuminated by the moonlight, roaming around the entrance of the hollow, but making no attempt to get in.

He hadn't seen you.

You hold your breath, terrified to let out even the slightest sound.
The wet leaves under his feet crunch every time he makes a step and it feels like a clock ticking closer and closer to your doom.

Another pair of feet join him.

"Did you find anything?"

"No. But they can't have gone far. Not with that injured leg of his."

"If Jungkookie dies, I will kill you."

The man chuckles.

"You're in no condition to threaten anyone. I could shoot you in the head right here and no one would ever know."

"But you won't," the girl says." You need me to get your money."

"For now."

"For now," she echoes.

They both pivot and walk away in opposite directions.
You can hear the steps getting further and further, till the sound gets lost in the breeze.
The rain had stopped for some time, you notice.

"That was close," Jungkook whispers.

You wanna say something.

Anything.

You wanna scream to the world that you love him so much to the point where it hurts.

But you don't.

The words get clogged up in your throat.
So you just put your arms around his torso and give him a back-hug.
Leaning your head onto his back, you can feel the vibrations reverberating through his whole body when he speaks in a low voice.