"Were you just making out?" A new voice said.

Our heads snapped to the person and I saw Jace standing there, an eyebrow raised.

"Not cool, bro. Don't make out with my sister in front of me or in the kitchen where we eat." Jace said making Jake chuckle.

He grabbed my thighs and stood up placing me back on my feet. "Hey, in my defense, we were done making out when you walked in."

"Wait, how are you already here? I wasn't expecting you for two more days." I asked.

I hope he didn't cut his trip short because of what happened last night.

He shrugged. "Surprisingly, we got to finish everything late last night so there was no reason for me to stay anymore. Plus, I missed you too much."

He then groaned and pulled me in for a hug. "Yup. That's it, I am never leaving on business trips again."

I chuckled and hugged him back tight.

I heard Jace groan as he opened the fridge. "Enough lovey-dovey stuff."

I turned my head to him still in Jake's hug. "Oh shut up and ask Jade out already, would you?"

Jace choked on his Gatorade and Jake bursted out into laughter.

Jace was coughing and smacking his chest, his face turning red either from lack of oxygen or from embarrassment.

Once he stopped coughing he sent Jake a murderous glare.

"I have nothing to do with this!" He said an amused smile on his lips as he raised his hands up in mock surrender.

I took my arms out from around Jake and faced Jace putting my hands on my hips.

"Oh please, Jace. I know you like her."

He rolled his eyes and sat down on one of the stools. "She's just a close friend, Nina."

"She's just a close friend, Nina." I mocked.

Jake chuckled and wrapped his arms around my waist pulling me back and resting his chin on my shoulder. "You should really ask her out, bro."

"You should really shut up, bro." Jace mocked with a fake smile and a glare.

"Just suggesting." Jake said shrugging as he smiled teasingly.

"Well, I didn't ask for it." Jace snapped.

That shocked me. I looked at Jake and saw his eyebrows up, surprised as well.

Jace sighed and dropped his head. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean it."

"Is everything alright with you and Jade?" I asked getting out of Jake's grasp and sitting on the stool in front of him.

He ran his hand through his hair. "Yeah, everything's fine."

"You know you can talk to us." Jake said sitting beside me.

Right then my phone rang. Jake grabbed it since he was beside it. He saw the caller ID and handed it to me. "Speaking of which."

I got the phone from him and looked at the caller ID.

"Well, then." I said standing up. "I'll be right back."

"Hello?"

"I'm driving up the road to your house. I'll be there in a minute." she said.

"Wait, what?" I said heading to the small closet in the wall which had some slippers, shoes, and coats just in case I was in a hurry to leave.

I grabbed a pair of flip flops and a jacket and headed to the door.