46. | no time to die

CONTAINS STRONG LANGUAGE, FLUFF, AND MINOR ANGST 

"A-Are you gonna tell-tell me what happened between you and Jihoon?"

Taehyung freezes up at the mention of the cursed name and feels his blood run cold, fingers slowly pulling themselves out of the little's playful touch. Jungkook quietly whines and stares up at Taehyung, wide eyes and rosy cheeks, already noticing the way the older brunette suddenly grows rather tense.

"S-Sorry!" Jungkook quickly apologises, and Taehyung shuts his eyes, fists slowly clenching. "I-I shouldn't have b-brought it up."

Taehyung keeps his eyes closed. His mind runs with a thousand thoughts and unanswered questions, but he isn't entirely sure if he wants the answers to them. He feels frustration burn his veins and he suddenly remembers that he has little Koo on his lap, whose eyes are all big and starry, and searching for reassurance.

"It's fine, angel," Taehyung whispers, sounding unsure and he knows that Jungkook doesn't believe him. He feels the younger boy's small fingers hook around Taehyung's larger ones, giving the older boy a sign of comfort. "Just... I need to shower."

"But-But you just got out the bathroom."

Taehyung places the brunette on the bed and stands up, straightening himself out and putting on a brave smile. He hands Jungkook the white plushie and presses a gentle kiss to his forehead, even though it seems a little forced.

"Stay here, angel. I'll be out soon, okay?" Taehyung says, picking up extra clothes and a towel, and he makes a start towards the adjoined bathroom.

Jungkook watches his boyfriend with big, sad eyes and grips the plushie tighter in his hands, holding it close to his chest and trying his hardest to ignore the painful ache in his chest.

"M-Maybe I can shower with yo-"

Taehyung shuts the door and Jungkook tucks his knees up to his chest, feeling pained tears cascade down his rosy cheeks.

He can't deal with this all again.

TWITTER GROUP CHAT
:(

JUNGKOOK
tae's mad at me

JUNGKOOK
i can't go through all this again

JUNGKOOK
i need to make everything better

JUNGKOOK
but i don't know how

JIMIN
slow down, koo, okay?

JIMIN
what's happened with tae?

JUNGKOOK
he's mad at me :(

NAMJOON
what for?

YOONGI
what's happened?

SEOKJIN
please for fuck sake nO

SEOKJIN
you two were getting so much
better. i can't with this 😤

JUNGKOOK
i asked him what happened
between him and jihoon

JUNGKOOK
because they're both mad at
each other for some reason

JUNGKOOK
and tae got mad and stormed
into the bathroom to take a shower