Chapter Nine: A Mother's Love.

This chapter is dedicated to b3lla001. Thank you for reading and voting on this book. You have no idea how much it means💖💖💖. Guys if you love books about vampires, witches and all that stuff, then her book which is called The Beast, the beauty and the castle is just for you.

Also some heads up guys, this chapter's heavily unedited so please let me know when you see any mistakes so I can correct them. And I'm sorry in advance but I just didn't want to keep you guys waiting any longer.

Enjoy!😊😊

Upon waking, I realised I had no idea when sleep eventually paid its visit

Upon waking, I realised I had no idea when sleep eventually paid its visit. My half-closed eyes glanced sideways and as expected, Liliana was gone. I was hundred percent sure Mum had come to take her back to her room.

It was the second day of the week—my second day at school—but nervousness had taken its permanent place within the depths of my mind and despite the fact that I had survived my first day in one piece, it never waned.

Surviving? Oh, yeah… I guess you could call spilling strawberry smoothie on the school’s golden boy SURVIVING!

Of course, it was!

Yes I knew, retaliating might have not been the best option at that moment. I could have easily ignored their tactics and left the damned table. Unfortunately, something had come over me. A raging fire which couldn't be quenched, leaving me with no other choice but to vent out my anger.

But today would be a million times better—I was sure of it. The signs were glaring, starting from the fact that I had woken up much earlier than yesterday. As usual, hours were spent searching for an appropriate outfit. My chaotic wardrobe had and would always be the root of this recurrent problem.

Thirty minutes later I was standing in front of the mirror, my gaze trailing down my oversized pink hood and tight black pants with satisfaction. While making a mental note to wear my white sneakers before leaving, I pulled my hair into a tight ponytail. My eyes shifted to the heart shaped pendant resting between my collar bones and a warm feeling lit my heart ablaze---one that tugged my lips into a knowing smile.

My dearest mother had given me this token of love when I was just a baby and since then, it had never left my neck. There was a normal feeling of safety attached to it, like nothing and no one could ever harm me.

My dependence on such a little piece of jewelry never failed to surprise me, each time the thought crossed my mind. How something so small could have such irreplaceable value. But I knew very well that this was the power of a mother's love:

The purest form of love, that will always be stronger than anything else in the entire world...

Now all I could do was pray that her love was strong enough to protect our family from whatever impending danger would storm our way, because I could feel it. There was this lead-like weight which had dropped permanently on my chest since last night when that revelation was made. Something was wrong—very wrong, and I had no idea how to make it right.