Chapter Eight: Your Supergirl.

This chapter's very unedited guys. I'm too tired to even see anything so please, let me know when you see any mistakes.

 I'm too tired to even see anything so please, let me know when you see any mistakes

For a long time I stood there, my back pressing into the hard wood of the door. It was almost like the questions bouncing around in my brain had left me paralysed and completely incapacitated.

Pieces of the puzzle fell into place with hallowing slowness, forcing themselves into my mind's eye.

Suddenly I was somewhere else, reliving my past. Reliving every single time we had to pack up and move to another part of the world. Each time, Mum would deny my wishes to attend a real school. Each time, she would become overly protective and scold me for even the slightest things.

It all began to make perfect sense. My very own mother was running from someone and the only thing I knew about this person was his freaking gender.

Who could this person be, and just how dangerous was he?

God, I needed to know more. I had to know more. This whole revelation had opened up a void deep within me. A void that needed to be filled with answers. Answers to the millions of questions rioting in my head.

Just thinking about it made my tongue sour and heart thrash---pounding like the blood rushing to my brain with so much speed, my vision turned hazy.

My feet wobbled as I plodded to my bed, dropping heavily in a fit of mental exhaustion. I found myself savoring the feel of the soft cotton mattress, pressed against my back, slightly soothing my nerves.

Staring straight ahead at my white ceiling, I began to ransack every crevice of my mind for a plan. The perfect idea that would lead me to the answers of my questions. The truth regarding the person who had gotten I and my entire family running like fugitives for so long.

Who is he? A criminal maybe? A murderer? One of my mother's enemies who's presently after our lives?!

I wondered if Papa James also knew about this person or was she keeping it from him too?

If so then I wouldn't let her go through this alone. It was my responsibility to help one way or another, to support her in protecting our family. But there was a huge stumbling block which had made this wish of mine seem impossible.

How on Earth am I supposed to do this if I know nothing about the danger which is coming our way? How?!

An abrupt knock at the door brought my pondering to a halt and I whipped my head to the direction of the sound.

"Sweetheart, aren't you coming down for dinner?" Mum's endearment made my heart bleed. It seemed like she was in a better mood---the all sweet and mushy one---but why? Had that man she called Nathan finally completed the job? "I made your favourite meat balls. And we're also having chocolate cake for dessert. Our lovely neighbours sent it."