Chapter Five: An Ungrateful Asshole.

This chapter is dedicated to LisaHiggins3 for being such a motivator and great friend. She's literally one of my idols.

If you haven't read her book: The Shipping Heiress then you are missing a ride of your lives.

With one look at the beautiful park in front of me, I knew this had to be a dream.

The trimmed grasses looked even more beautiful, glistening under the sunlight with countless flowers scattered across the vast space. There were children everywhere. Their young voices loud, as they played without any worry in their hearts.

Within the small mob of children, my eyes caught a particular little girl who was being chased by a woman. The sun blazed directly on my face. Stinging my eyes and I struggled to see them properly. But their voices were as clear as day.

"You won't be able to catch me, Mummy," the girl teased in her soft, little voice, dashing across the park with tiny feet.

The woman laughed, joining in on the chase. "Oh I will, my Angel."

They looked so happy, so at peace. And I wanted to reach out, to move towards them but my feet were stuck and immobile.

I didn't know how or when it happened but suddenly, all the other children disappeared. Only that woman and her child were left now, running through the vast area of plants.

"Love you, Mummy." The little girl was in the woman's arms now, their foreheads touching as the woman spoke.

"Love you more, my Angel. And I promise to never leave you. Not now, not ever. It's always going to be You and I forever."

"You and I forever," they repeated in unison.

I tried once again to get a clearer picture of their faces, but a sharp pain pierced my eyes, forcing me to shut them tight.

"You and I forever." Their voices were growing unbearably louder. A sharp ache began to spread throughout my ears.

The need to protect my ears was very strong, but my arms were glued to my side. I couldn't move them.

"You and I forever."

The excruciating pain reached an unbearable level as I started to feel blood, trickling down the sides of my face.

"Please, stop..." I tried saying but the pain had choked my voice.

"You and I forever." The voices had become endless, ringing these same words over and over, and over again.

I awoke with those words spilling from my mouth and a sudden dread surrounding my heart.

Slowly, trembling fingers brushed my cheeks and I realised they were wet. Wet from...tears?