Chapter One

Veronica's POV

"What?" I asked Archie who had just broken up with me. I felt the tears in my eyes.

"I'm sorry, Veronica." He said heartlessly. The first tear fell down my face.

"Why?" I asked. He looked away from me and sighed. "Archie, why?"

"Because, Veronica. Your life is so messed up and complicated. I don't want to deal with that anymore. And..." he stopped.

"And what, Archie?" I asked, still trying to hold back the tears.

"And I don't like you anymore. I haven't for a while. I just didn't want to hurt you like every other guy has." He said.

"But you did hurt me. Like every other guy." I told him.

"Dont compare me to the other guys! I just like somebody else now, okay? In fact, I think I love them." He said.

"What does that mean?" I asked.

"Nothing." He said and looked down.

"Archie, what does that mean?" I asked. He sighed.

"I've been cheating on you." He said coldly. This broke me heart even more. I could the trust with him and everybody else just break.

"With who? And for how long?" I asked.

"I can't tell you that. And s...  seven months. Since the end of our Sophomore year." He said.

"Since April?" I asked quietly.

"Yeah, yeah, since then." He said.

"Get out." I said.

"Alright, fine." He said and left. I fell to the floor and brought my knees to my faces and leaned against the wall.

My heart had been broken to many times to count. By boyfriends, or friends, and even my family. I dont know how I could ever trust people again. Trust people with my feelings, my emotions, my secrets, my life. I think I'm done with relationships and love forever. I dont want to get hurt. Again! I'm tired of my heart breaking over and over and over again. I'm done with love. I'm done with the hurt it brings me. I'm done with it all.

A month later

I woke up to the sound of my alarm. Great! Another day. Another day of seeing Archie. Another day of seeing every other person who has hurt me at that dann school. Betty figure out something was wrong and I told her everything that happened with Archie. For some reason She didn't seem so surprised about it.

I got up and got around for the day. Everything was fine until I saw Archie walking down the halls with yet again another girl hanging onto his arm. I rolled my eyes and walked in the opposite direction. Betty and Jughesd both still hang out with Archie. I mean, I can't really stop them. I just go with them anywhere when Betty asks me to come along. I just don't want to face Archie. He hurt me like so many others. I dont want to hear him say anymore. I dont even want to here him apologize if he tries or even wants to do that.

Betty is dating Jughead. Who also hates me and my family. I dont understand what I did to him, but I guess it doesn't matter. He hates me and I dont understand. I just act like a bitch to him all that time. I don't think me doing that helps me. I found Betty and Jughead in the students lounge.

"Looks like Archie's found another girl." I said and sat next to Betty. She sighed.

"He's just an ass okay, V?" She said. I nodded. "Just ignore him and whoever's he's with. You can do so much better than him."

"Says the one who used to like him." I said. She laughed and so did I.

"Shut up! Besides, Jughead is right there." She whispered. I just smiled at her.

As the day went on, all I noticed was Archie with another girl. I dont even know who she is. I've never seen her before. Does she even go to this school? Nevermind. I dont wanna know. For two reasons. One, because she's with Archie. And two, I just don't want to know.

"Hey, Veronica, do you want to come over later?" Betty asked me as we sat down at our lunch table. I shrugged.

"Maybe. I don't know. Who else is gonna be there?" I asked.

"Just me and Jughead. I just wanted you to come over. Maybe we could just meet at Pop's or something." She said. I sighed and nodded.

"Sure I'll be there. Just tell me when." I told her.

"Okay, I'll text you later." She said and Jughead sat next to her. "Oh, Jug. Veronica and I are going to Pop's later. Wanna come with us?" She asked him. He looked at him and shook his head.

"No, I'm busy later. Maybe another time." He said. I sighed quietly and looked down. Then, looked at Betty. She must shrugged and the day went on.

"Veronica mert me there at Seven." She said as and I nodded.

When I got to Pop's it was 6:58. Betty wasn't there yet. I went and sat in a booth. I waited till about 7:30 and she still wasn't here. I feel like I'm being stood up at a date. But with my bestfriend. I looked at my phone and I had a text from her.

Betty

B: Sorry. I couldn't make it tonight. Maybe another time.

I sighed and texted her back.

V: It's fine.

I put my phone down and looked out of the window. What is happening right now. Then the bell on Pop's door chimed. I didn't looked up.

"I thought you were meeting Betty here?" I looked up and saw Jughead. I shrugged.

"She canceled on me." I said and looked back out of the window.

"How long have you been here?" He asked. I sighed.

"Half an hour." I mumbled.

"And you haven't left yet?" He asked.

"I don't feel like it." I went silent between us. I looked at him. "I have a question."

"What?" He asked.

"Why... why are you talking to me?" I asked.

"I don't know. I just saw you here by yourself. I knew you were supposed to be with Betty. I guess I just wanted to know. Why?" He asked.

"Oh, I don't know. I was just a little confused that's all." I told him. He nodded.

"Well, I'm gonna go." He said and left. I sighed. He never said anything to hurt me. That's new. But he did say all he wanted to know is, basically, where Betty was. I guess that's who he's going to know. Over to Betty's. Whatever! It doesn't matter. At least not to me. I don't care about love anymore. I don't believe in it and I never will again.