* 15 *

©️JRF2015-R2021

He left the light on at least and I look around the room. The room is empty aside from Michonne's katana standing in the corner. That's the prize, what we came for. I am so glad Patchy rushed out of here and left it. I start to struggle to get free only to realize once again that I am handcuffed to the chair. I sigh and plop back in my seat, I am stuck. My mind spins into the dark depths of despair. We are all going to die at the hands of this madman. The depths of his evil is far worse than any of us are prepared to deal with. I close my eyes and picture Rick standing in the doorway of my cell smiling at me. The mere thought of that sweet, sweet man causes a smile to appear on my face. It turns my despair into positivity.

When I open my eyes once again to the cold, emptiness of my dungeon, I look down and catch a glimpse of Patchy's torture devices on the floor. There is a pair of pliers I believe I can reach. I kick off my boots and start reaching for the pliers with my feet.

It seems like ages but I finally manage to get the pliers to my hand and free myself from the cuffs. I stand up as quickly as I can as pain shoots through my body. I stumble to the corner and grab the sword. I am going to finish this. I am going to kill him before he can kill any of us.

I leave my boots and run to the door with the pliers still in one hand and Michonne's katana in the other. The door is locked from the outside but there is a small gap this time. The door seems a little loose on its hinges, not sure what happened to cause that but I am glad for it. The pliers are too big but I think I can fit the tip of the sword through and work that slide lock open.

It takes a little maneuvering on my part but the lock finally slides open and I start to run out of that dungeon barefoot. My only mission now that I have the katana, is to find the Governor and kill him. I turn the corner and run into something solid and strong. I know it is a man and I tremble wondering which man it is. The Governor as far as I could tell from my interactions wasn't that damn solid, kind of puny. I look up and see him standing in front of me. He is smiling like some conceited little prick. I roll my eyes and shake my head. God, he thinks so highly of himself.

"Hey Lil' Gal," I breathe a sigh of relief seeing his face and hearing his voice. "Fancy meetin' you here." He helps me to my feet as he laughs at his joke.

"God Merle!" I sigh, hugging him. "I am so damn glad it was you I ran into."

"Same here Lil' Gal, same here. We need to get out of here and quick. Before the Governor comes back and finds us."

"Michonne," I pull back, "we can't just leave her."

"Why not? Who is she to us? Seems pretty clear to me she don't want to be a part of this group, let her stay here." Merle tells me and I put my hand on my hip, staring at him scoldingly.

"Yeah well, a lot of people in the group could say the same about you." Merle rolls his eyes. "You know I'm right Merle. We can't leave her."

"I'm prone to agree with Merle on this one," Rick speaks, shocked that he is actually agreeing with Merle Dixon, and causing us both to look in his direction. "She has caused us nothing but trouble since she came to us. And her dragging you back here tonight....." I hold my hand up to stop Rick.

"For your information, it was my choice to come with her. She tried to talk me out of it. I insisted. You go ahead and leave if you want but I will not leave without her."

All of a sudden I feel the katana slip from my hand and I turn around quickly. "I know I have been a lot of trouble, thank you for sticking up for me Rachel, but if that is the way they feel, well, I did just fine on my own before I met any of you. I'll be fine long after. I am not staying somewhere I am not wanted," Michonne growls, staring at Rick and Merle. For a brief second, there was shock on all our faces. Rick and Merle look at each other as Michonne walks past them. I walk in between the two men, pushing them to the side and follow Michonne.