* 26 *

©JRF2022-R2023

I was going to leave her alone until morning but I keep getting drawn back. My every thought consumed by the image of her face, the feel of that saliva as it hit me. The fact I just let her get away with the blatant disrespect with only a slap. That's not who I am and she needs to know real quick that shit ain't gonna fly. I unlock the door, fumbling a bit in my excitement and almost dropping my tray full of fun. I walk in turning to close the door behind me. I hear her still in her movement and when I turn back to look at her I notice she has a hand behind her back. I walk across the room and kneel beside her pulling that arm from behind her back and see that she has managed to get it free. I laugh slightly, "you are a slick one. How did you manage this?" I notice that she has her fist clenched tight. I pry her fingers open to find a small wire inside it, I purposefully brush my fingertips lightly over the back of her hand. She shivers — I assume in fear — this causes me to smile even wider, I love the smell of fear. I lock the shackle tighter around the wrist that is still chained. I almost felt bad to see it cutting into her flesh. I put an hand on either arm of the chair I had her in, "you are a very naughty girl. Do you know what happens when your bad?" I slide the shackle back around that free arm, locking as tight as the other side. I feel a grin slip onto my face, I am feeling playful now. She keeps pulling, trying to break free again, The metal cuts even deeper into her wrists, blood begins to ooze out from under her skin, I move my hands, onto her forearms, squeezing tight. "You need to stop, you're taking away my fun. I want your blood running onto the floor because of me." I stand upright and turn slightly to pick which fun instrument I am going to start with.

I feel a sting across my left forearm which causes me to look at it. As I am checking out the reopened wound another sharp pain hits me, this time in my knee. It buckles causing me to drop. Before hitting the floor I see her foot coming toward me and it hits me on the side of the head. I fall to the right and roll away before standing again. I bring my right hand up to my face when I feel a small trickle of blood there. I wipe my face before jumping toward her, pinning her legs down and shackling them as well. I feel like an idiot, how could I have forgotten that? Once the cold steel is biting into the flesh on her ankles I stand up and and grab her by the wrists again. Brushing off my mistake and I start to smile as a new idea comes to my mind. "You are a feisty one. I like that about you." I let go of her arm and grab a handful of her beautiful auburn colored locks. She lets out a growl, trying hard not to let it become a scream. Pulling hard on that handful of hair I lean her head back and with my free hand land a hard smack to her right cheek. "I need to put this up," I say as I stare at my tray, "I have something better in mind for you now since you want to fight, I'll give you a fight." I grab her face, "we'll see how tough you really are."

(Rachel's POV)

I squeeze my eyes shut, not sure what he meant by that. I listen as I hear his footsteps get farther away and then the door. My mind races with all the possibilities of what he'll come back with.He is gone for now but I still can't relax. I have no idea when he'll be back.. I want to be back home, with Rick. Why is this happening? I told Rick I could handle myself. Told him that I didn't need him to protect me. Why is it that is all I want right now? For Rick to come rescue me. To save me, protect me. I managed to keep The Governor  from implementing whatever torture his sick brain was thinking of for now. But I also pissed him off more. I begin to tremble at the thought. Fear creeps in. What fight will he bring back to me?

The pain in my wrists from those shackles increasing I can't think anymore. The only good thing about that is that I don't have to think about what happens when he comes back. I keep looking around the room for anything I can use to get free but I have no luck this time. I growl at the pain in my wrists and ankles and suddenly my vision blurs, I feel sweaty.