Chapter Four

Kai's POV

I paced the bathroom back and forth pulling at my hair. This couldn't be. I watched him die right in front of me. Mr. So couldn't be alive. There was no way. Our lives were going to be torn apart once again. I couldn't let this happen. There was only one way if I knew he was alive. I quietly opened the bathroom door as to not wake up Kyung Mi who was sleeping soundly and tiptoed towards the door. As I approached the door it was ajar my heart stopping. Mr. So was alive after all.

As I closed the bathroom door behind me my hands shook as I dialed the number I hadn't in two years. I knew it was a long shot, but I needed to find out so I could protect my family. The phone rang and rang indicating that it went to voicemail. I rang her once more finally getting through.

"Hello?" She asked on the other end. "Mrs. Park is there a way we can meet up? I need to talk to you". I got out feeling nervous. I didn't know is she wanted to see me. "Where do you want to meet at?" "Currently I'm at the resort. Is there by chance we can meet here?" On the other end I could hear Mrs. Park sigh. "Yeah, sure you're lucky that I'm doing business there. I'll meet you in ten minutes at the bar". She hung up before I could get a word in.

I grabbed a piece of paper and wrote Kyung Mi a note so she wouldn't wake up and find me missing. I set the note on her bedside table leaving a lingering kiss on her forehead. As I shut the door behind me I became nervous of how the meet up was going to go. Mr. And Mrs. Park disowned me when Mr. So killed their son blaming me for his death. Which was something I would never forgive myself for that I would carry with me forever.

. . .

There sitting on the barstool was Mrs. Park a drink in hand. As I approached her face became more perplexed. "So, why did you want to suddenly meet up that I had to leave work?" She asked looking up at me as I took a seat. I took a deep breath folding my hands out in front of me.

"I believe that Mr. So is still alive. My wife and I are on our honeymoon right now and just a bit ago I had a nightmare that I was being chocked to death. It jolted me from the nightmare that I was gasping for air. Luckily Kyung Mi was there beside me. As her and I  began talking I noticed that my throat hurt to talk and my neck hurt to move. So while Kyung Mi slept I slipped into the bathroom to investigate why it hurt. When I looked in the mirror there was a fresh bruise on my neck in the shape of a handprint. And the handprint is much bigger than mine". I explained looking at my hands.

"What do you want me to do about it?" Mrs. Park asked her tone changing. I looked over at her confused. "I'm just asking if you can investigate it for me just to confirm if he's alive or not. Or if it's not too much of an issue that we can be protected. I'll pay you for it just as long as Kyung Mi is safe". I had hoped she would help us somehow because I have a family to take care of. She looked at me her face set in stone.

"I'm sorry but I can't be of help to you. You're no longer under my protection as you're an adult now. Besides this should be a case for the police not for me to handle. Take care of yourself Kai". She stood up turning away. I grabbed onto her wrist stopping her in her tracks. "Please Mrs. Park, as a kid I never asked you for anything even as a teen. I know I never fit in with your family but I tried fitting in and do everything that you asked. Just this once I'm asking for your help". I prayed that she would help or be that mother that I had wanted her to be.

She turned my way tears in her eyes. "You put my family at risk even got my son killed. Your mother wanted me to be your god mother if or when something bad happened to her. I didn't want to take care of another child even though she was like a sister to me, I had my own family to care for. I missed out on taking care of my because I was constantly trying to keep you alive. Like you I was forced to take care of a child I didn't want, but since it was a dying wish of your mothers I took you in. But this time around I can't be of help. My best advice to you would be to move out of Korea or let whatever happen. Please don't ask me to help again". I watched as she walked away feeling my heart shatter as I lost any hope.

That concludes the end of chapter four of Blue Heart. What was your favorite part? I want to thank everyone who has read this book and supported it. It truly means a lot. I can't thank you enough. What do you think will happen next? Don't forget to vote and comment.

Don't forget to stay awesome and until next time ✌️