Chapter 80: Mine

Nova

We were almost to Apia. All we needed was gas and then we'd be leaving right away. I wanted to get to Australia as soon as possible. When I went to give Finn his last injection for the day I noticed his eyes were closed and he was breathing slightly. His heart beats were up to fifty now. That's so close to normal. I just want him to come back already.

Finn's eyes stayed closed as I approached. I watched the slight rise and fall of his chest. He really is breathing.

That has to be a good sign, right?

I sat down beside him and drew my blood. As I went to inject it into his blood stream his eyes opened and he looked right at me.

"Nova." Finn grumbled, reaching for me.

Did he just talk?

"Did you just say my name?" I asked, looking at him with wide eyes.

He put his hand on my shoulder and I swear he might be grinning. "Nova."

Holy shit.

He's talking?!

It must be working!

I know he's a Zombie but I hugged him close to me anyways.

He even hugged me back.

"I knew you'd come back to me! Keep fighting Finn!" I cried out, feeling tears fall down my face.

It was working-my blood was bringing him back. I couldn't believe it. I really am the cure. I didn't lose him. I was keeping my promise.

Finn was coming back!

I can't believe it's working!

Ashton came rushing into the room, gun up and ready.

"Is he-Are you hugging?!" Ashton said in surprise, looking down his sights at the both of us.

Finn lunged for Ashton but I pulled him back, shoving him behind me.

"What the fuck is going on Nova?" Ashton shouted, keeping the gun on Finn.

"Lower your gun!" I snapped, pushing Finn further behind me.

He really wanted to attack Ashton-couldn't blame him though. I usually wanted to as well.

Ashton listened and lowered his gun and Finn stopped moving, resting his chin on my shoulder and nuzzled his face into my hair. I couldn't believe what was happening and neither could Ashton. Everyone entered the room, asking what happened. Finn continued to nuzzle me, almost like a cat, a low sound coming from his lips.

"Nova." He mumbled, rubbing his cheek against mine.

"Is he...did he just say something?" Tommy asked, his eyes wide. Everyone else had the same look.

"Ashton point your gun at me again."

Ashton looked between me and Finn again before listening. Finn stopped the cuddly act and lunged for Ashton, snarling something fierce as his eyes turned pitch black.

"Lower it." He listened and Finn calmed down again, going back to nuzzling me.

"What the actual fuck?!" Tommy said as he gaped at us.

"He's coming back to us! It's working!" I cried out in pure joy, nuzzling Finn back.

He continued to make the weird noise, almost as if he was purring, still rubbing his cheek on mine.

"Yes Finn keep fighting. Come back to me." I sobbed, pulling him closer.

"I can't believe it's working. You really are the cure!" Tommy said in happiness, taking a step towards Finn.

Finn snarled and swiped his arm out, stepping in front of me.

"Finn it's just me man-"

Finn snarled again-he wasn't having it. He didn't want anyone near me.

"I want to try something else." I told them, taking a step away from Finn.

Finn watched me, making a small noise and reaching for me. He was still being held back by the cuffs, but that didn't stop him from reaching out for me.

"Ashton put me in a choke hold."

"So he can attack me? Hell no!" Ashton snapped, taking a step away.

"Fine. Just touch me then."

Ashton watched Finn warily before reaching a hand out towards me, putting it on my shoulder. Finn started to growl, his eyes growing darker.

"Touch me romantically." Ashton glanced over at Finn before cupping my face in his hand, pulling me closer.

And then Finn lost it.

"MINE!" He snarled, pulling on the cuff.

"Don't stop." I told Ashton, moving even closer to him.

"MY NOVA MINE!" Finn snarled, yanking on the cuff until it snapped.

He came running for Ashton ready to kill. I shoved Ashton back and grabbed Finn, pulling him away from everyone. Finn wrapped his arms around me and continued to growl, glaring at Ashton as he rubbed himself all over me again.

"Mine." He growled out, snapping his teeth at Ashton.

I couldn't help but to laugh.

Finn was coming back. It was working.

"I'm yours Finn, only yours." I told him, running my fingers through his hair.

"I want to try something else." I told them, pushing Finn onto the couch.

"Stay." I told him and he listened, watching me move with careful eyes. "Tommy touch me."

Tommy glanced over at Finn with nervous eyes before listening.

Finn growled lowly, looking at Tommy with a murderous glare.

"Finch now you." Finch put her hand on my shoulder and Finn didn't move a muscle, just stared. "Ashton your turn."

"So he can attack me? No thanks."

"I told him to stay. He'll stay. Just touch me."

Ashton looked at Finn before slowly reaching a hand out. Finn started to growl, watching Ashton with nearly black eyes. Ashton put his hand on my shoulder and Finn's growl grew louder.

"Take your hand away." Ashton listened and Finn quieted down, looking at me.

"Can you say my name again?" I asked Finn, standing in front of him.

"Nova." I smiled, bringing my hand up to his face.

He nuzzled his face into my hand and made the purring sound again.

"I can't believe it's working." Tommy said, crying tears of joy.

I couldn't believe it was working either. But my Finn was coming back. I didn't completely lose him.

I really was the cure.

I didn't lose him like I lost Grayson.

"Everyone get out." I ordered, going to the bag and getting out another syringe.

"Come back to us Finn. We miss you." Tommy said before they all left.

Finn watched them leave before turning back to me, wrapping his arms around my waist and pulling me close. I sat on his lap as I drew my blood, taking his arm and inserting my blood into his system.

I looked into his eyes, watching as they flickered between grey and the vibrant green I was used to before settling back at the grey. But the green was more dominant than the grey now.

He was coming back.

I hadn't lost the love of my life.