Chapter 25: I Still Think You Cheated

Finn

Nova was playing with Shasta and Booker, helping Shasta throw the ball so Booker could fetch it. I couldn't help but to stare at my girl. It felt good to say that. She was actually, finally mine. I thought it would've taken longer than three months but she was mine. I wanted to know what Halley said to her. It was killing me because whatever she said clearly got to Nova. I'd have to thank Halley later.

"So you finally got the girl. How does it feel?" Tommy asked, standing next to me.

"Really good man. Really good. I never really believed in that whole Fate thing before but meeting them had to be."

And it did.

When I think back to the day they saved us I had this weird feeling. When we were running away we almost kept going straight but I said to turn. And then Nova came out of that house, killing them all and barely breaking a sweat. Tommy and Lily were shocked because she took that many on her own and was fine.

But me?

Not only had I seen her again like I was hoping, but we had found our way back to each other again. It was still like love at first sight for me. Even if she was covered in blood. She was so beautiful, and so deadly.

And she was all mine.

"They saved our lives. Multiple times. Well, Nova did. I'm glad she's okay now I don't think we would've made it without her."

I know we wouldn't have.

How does she not crack under all of this pressure?

"What about you and Finch? How's that going?"

Tommy smiled, looking over at Finch as she sat on the swing sipping a glass of wine watching her best friend with a smile on her face.

"Pretty sure I love her. Just waiting for the right time to say it. I keep chickening out."

"I have an idea. Hold on."

Tommy nodded, watching me curiously as I made my way over to my girl.

My girl.

I don't think I'll ever get tired of saying that.

"Hey Killer!" I called out, smiling as she turned to face me holding Shasta upside down.

"What's up?" She asked as she turned Shasta back over, putting her on her feet.

"Come here for a second."

She handed Shasta the ball and made her way over to me, smiling too. The smile she only had for me. I felt pretty special every time I saw it. Her eyes seemed brighter and she was glowing. She looked genuinely happy. She had such a nice smile. They're rare but my heart beats so hard every time I see it.

Now that I think about it I'm pretty sure I'm in love with her too.

"Tommy wants to tell Finch he loves her but keeps chickening out. Any ideas how to make it memorable?"

She nodded, looking at Tommy and waving him over to us. He sheepishly, and slowly, walked over, looking embarrassed. That or he was intimidated by Nova. But I think everyone is-even me. The only one immune to her...charm, is Finch.

"Finch is due for her daily nap any minute now. If you want to make it memorable we have to make this quick."

Tommy nodded, looking up at his girl who was sitting with Halley and Lily on the porch swing talking.

"We spent every Christmas here. So in the basement there's a box labeled Christmas lights. You're gonna need the rainbow ones. In the hall closet is sheets. She's always dreamed of being told the big words in a blanket fort with a series of Disney movies. So we're gonna transform the whole living room into one.