VII. Nobility Obliges I

ابدأ من البداية

"I was.. summoned to meet the Lord Commander today. I suppose I don't know why yet.." You bit your lip. Not giving the full truth isn't lying, right?

Renji scrunched up his nose and looked off, "You don't know yet you're goin' anyway? That sounds completely responsible from a man who calls himself a commander."

What? You were perturbed by his sarcasm. "He is a good man. You.. don't need to worry?"

"He's still a stranger, (F/N), man or not," Renji crossed his arms, his expression disdainful with the thought of it all.

"That's not how I see him!" You retorted, furrowing your brows.

Renji stared hard at you, his brows just as furrowed, "Then how do you see him?"

Your face grew flustered by his remarks. What is he even trying to get out of me anyway?

"I.. I don't have time for this, Renji. Please, I have to go," You gestured a dismissive hand and turned your back to him. You started making your way towards Firmalbert who stood guard, as always, outside the congregation until a hand grasped your shoulder again. You didn't turn around to see.

"(F/N).. Please, listen to me. I just" Renji's voice cracked.

"Oh. Tis' you," Firmalbert sneered, approaching the two of you. "The Lord Commander has given instruction prior your arrival. However, nothing of this lout," Firmalbert motioned his attention towards Renji  the knight's annoyance could entirely be gathered through the eyes in his helmeted head.

"What!?" Renji glared.

As swift and quick as the tension rising before you, a small body came crashing into you seemingly abating everyone's attention.

Found you! Ork Kha squawked. My morning take to the air is complete.. and.. well, those Dragoon sorts loitering about the tallest towers are giving me the shakes..

You smiled at your cheerful companion. "Ork Kha! I'm so glad you're back! I was just about to meet"

"Why do you have to meet him?" Renji spoke out of turn.

You were done with his antagonizing questions. You were already nervous enough to meet Ser Aymeric, and Renji wasn't helping in any shape or form. You chose not to fuel his fire so you never responded and eyed Firmalbert. You opened your mouth to ask the guard where to go but it seemed Firmalbert caught onto your thoughts.

"Through the doors, to the left. There will be a Temple Knightsman to meet and guide you and the.. dragon, to the Lord Commander's post," Firmalbert was firm and never tore his gaze from Renji's. You'd think not even the strongest of primals could get past this guard.

You bowed to Firmalbert and headed through the congregation doors. The last thing you heard from outside was Renji's frustrated, muffled shouts. Your heart twinged in the slight from Renji's outlandish attitude, but you really had other things to worry about. Your heart-to-heart with Renji can come at a later time.

Just as Firmalbert said, a Temple Knight had come to greet you, welcoming both you and Ork Kha into the congregation. He then led you both through large doors and down an empty hallway until you reached an imposing door. Before you could worry about who was on the other side, the Temple Knight pushed open the door, taking a few steps inside and gesticulated that unique Ishgardian salute to the few inside.