VIII. Nobility Obliges II

You are NOT going into his home! Your thoughts screamed.

A retainer guided both you and Ser Aymeric through an opulent neighborhood. You trailed off behind the two of them very stiffly.

It's not that you didn't trust Ser Aymeric, of course, but this was all so new and well.. was this proper to do?

Is aught amiss, (F/N)? Ork Kha squawked, floating just above you. I sense some inner plight!

"N-Nothing! It's nothing at all! I am more than fine. Fine, fine, " You laughed nervously as your knees felt as squishy as a slimeball.

Ork Kha scratched her head with her claws trying to figure you out.

That's right. You inhaled deeply. Ork Kha is with me. Nothing to be nervous about. It's not a.. date. Just keep telling yourself that. Just one last dinner then back to the inn.

"Right this way, my dear," Ser Aymeric's voice slipped you away from your self persuasion.

You had arrived at a rather fancy manor. Ser Aymeric waited for you as his retainer held a large gate open for the both of you that led into a smaller courtyard. As you walked further, you were amazed to find the courtyard was beautifully decorated with fountains, trees, and beds of flowers everywhere. Your eyes dazzled at the assortment of Coertha's-born vegetation and, just for a moment, your nervous thoughts shuffled over to, doing-what-you-do-best, harvesting. Even at dusk, you noticed how healthy the plants were. You figured for a wealthy household, of course things would be well taken care of, yet you imagined Ser Aymeric tenderly attending to a bed of lilies of sorts, which made you smile all the more.

"Maybe you could enlighten me one day on the wonders of my garden?" Ser Aymeric appeared beside you. "Although.. I have never quite taken time for myself to play a part in sowing or planting. My.. retainers perform the real magick here."

As you looked to him you could almost see a hint of embarrassment on his face. It was as if he wasn't quite sure how to say he knows nil to none of the art of Botany. Perhaps it was your presence that made him feel slightly meek. His words made you feel a bit humbled so all you could do was nod to them. 

Well, that answers my imaginings. You thought. But he didn't need to feel bad for not knowing how to do something. He has so many other amazing talents.

"Come. Let us get you into the warmth," He broke the silence, his head beckoning you to follow him.

You gulped and followed after him into the manor. Ork Kha spun in a circle before she entered, making the retainers and maids near the entry flinch in shock. You huffed out a muffled laugh as you watched her glide over to the center of the entryway floor where a familiar blue sigil decorated itself into the tile; that Borel emblem.

Wow! Is this a.. home? So pretty! Much, much different then the slum we lie at! Ork Kha squawked as she looked around. The gesture was surely to you.

"Uhh.." You sighed, blushing a bit. It's not as if you chose the Forgotten Knight to take rest at. Thought you knew she meant no harm in her words. You're beginning to learn dragons are very honest. Alongside that, you wondered where the pattern of her words were coming from. She no longer used archaic-dragon pronouns and.. slum?.. She's learning a bit too much from local conversations again.

You looked to Ser Aymeric who gave you a slight playful yet apologetic shrug, "Twould' seem my home is to your liking then?"

Ork Kha suddenly flew around him, chatting about to his question.