XXII. Lost in the Clouds

Like drowning in an endless sea. The dark was there. Again. That same antagonistic dream night after night that made you claw to the surface. Where that same beam of violet energy always managed to find you. Always comforted you. As if it was meant to protect you from getting too lost in the swell of unknown. Eventually, that beam always woke you with a shaken breath.

You steadied your trembling chest with a hand, looking to the pitter-patter of snow outside your window. Then to the two pair of eyes looking your way as you sat up in your bed.

You blinked.

They blinked.

Ork Kha's big eyes scanned you over once while her top half rested itself on the bed — telling you she was here for you, as always. And the other pair of judging orbs was.. not what you usually expected. A great big pair of green eyes on a stout fluffy body lay at Aymeric's spot. As far away as possible from you towards the bed's edge. It purred.

How did the cat get in here?

Ork Kha nestled her head into your lap, then eyed the grumpy fluffball in distrust. Why is that thing so angry all the time?

You looked down to Ork Kha then at your almost exposed chest. You tried your best to hold the sheets of the bed to cover yourself enough for the unusual company. Coming to the realization of last nights event. Somehow, you felt guilt-ridden in the face of Aymeric's companion and your young one. Just plain embarrassed of what occurred behind closed doors past midnight while everyone was asleep. And at how noisy you might have been. By the Twelve, you hoped no one heard.

Your cheeks shaded a tint pink as your grazed a loving hand on Ork Kha's snout. "Perhaps because Aymeric left him alone.. with us." You snorted, "By the way.. where is Aymeric?"

With a quick bath that you so desperately needed from the stroll last night. Even more so after the mess Aymeric made of you. While you dressed, Ork Kha told you of the company awaiting you downstairs. Both Tauriel and Lucia stopped by to see to it if you were faring well. Ork Kha mentioning that Aymeric explained the long day the two of you had prior. That you deserved rest. Even she was concerned how tired you looked. You shrugged off the farce of being sleepy, not really wanting to explain how achy your body actually felt. Sore. You were so sore. And the more you walked, the more apparent it was that your legs were shaking. A more exercise-worthy soreness that most definitely wasn't the result of walking.

Stepping down the stairs was absolutely painful to your thighs. Every other step towards the kitchen was a curse from your lips at your Elezen. You tried to shake away those butterflies in your gut, Oh, Aymeric. What have you done to me?

Ork Kha was curious at your weird way of walking, that you were slower than usual. You would try your best to keep your mouth shut as you neared the kitchen and led open the doors to find three faces turn your way.

"(F/N)!" Tauriel was the first to greet you, his eyes sparkling with glee. "It seems you've made time to relax. I hope you're well content on rest, because I have no intention on letting up on that training!"

"Come now. The poor girl looks barely awake," Lucia countered, sipping the cup in her hand. She then looked to you with all fondness. "You do look quite well. I hope my Lord had not been too ambitious yesterday to sweep you off your feet. Or so I have determined with his mention of your lengthy excursion around the entire city again."

"Ambitious? If I recall, twas' my beloved who was outpacing me more often than not," Aymeric vocalized with sweetness for you. He folded his arms and his eyes finally connected with yours. The smallest smirk swept across his face and it made your knees feel weak. Adding more damage to the body he already worshipped.