Chapter 4: Guys, Games And Jackets

Start from the beginning

He then sat down again and as cliché as it sounds handed me the jacket. "Here." I took it, a grateful smile on my face as I put it on. "Thank you." He returned my smile. The jacket was actually really warm and comfortable. "Aren't you cold now?"

He ran a hand through his brown hair. "Nah, I'm good." He still had a smile on his lips. I put the jacket tighter around me seeing as it was oversized for me. The smell of cologne was hitting my nostrils. His jacket smelled so good. It was a mixture of cologne and something I couldn't define. But it smelled so good that I wanted to wear it 24/7. I could hear Sam chuckling next to me. I looked at him as he watched the game with a wide smile on his face. "Better?"

Please don't tell me that he saw me sniffing his jacket. I blushed and nodded as he turned around to look at me. He just smiled at me.

Way to embarrass yourself Liz. I mentally face palmed myself. We stayed quiet  for a few moments, watching the game.

"You like football?" He asked, still smiling at me. Wow he smiles quite often. Though I had to admit that it was kinda cute. 

"Actually, I think I probably shouldn't talk to you." He raised a brow. "You may be an axe murderer." He chuckled lightly. "Though I doubt it, because I don't think an axe murderer would be kind enough to borrow me his jacket." He smiled. "Besides I can't see an axe anywhere." He chuckled again.

After a few moments he spoke up again. "So do you like football?" I shrugged. "Yeah, though I don't like to freeze." He nodded. "So you're doing this for your friends?" I shrugged. "Yeah, I guess. My best friend plays football and my other best friend used to be a cheerleader. So I'm pretty used to it."

"You mean you're used to freeze your butt off?" I had to laugh lightly at his comment. "Wow. They have to be great friends." I nodded.

"What about you?" I asked as I stared into his beautiful grey-blue eyes. "Huh?" It was halftime by now and we were in the lead. "Aren't you here because of your friends?"

"Yeah. More or less." The last words barely came out as a whisper. I wanted to ask him what he meant by that, but before I could have opened my mouth, Sam stood up. "I'm gonna buy something to drink. You want something?" I shook my head. "Nah. I'm good thanks."

////////

Sam had come back with a hot chocolate for me, despite my refusals, and a bottle of water for him. I had insisted to pay, but he had told me that I should immediately put the money away and enjoy the hot beverage. I had quietly thanked him and took it. We were chatting about random stuff for a while now, while watching the game as suddenly all the people around us were getting up and leaving.

I was so absorbed into the conversation with Sam that I didn't realize that the game was over. We won. 17:7. "That's a great quarterback don't you think?" He asked as we were also getting up. "Ryan? Yeah he is a great player." In both ways. "But his ego is so big I wonder how his helmet fits him." He laughed and I chuckled lightly.

"So you know him?"

"Unfortunately yeah. Everyone knows him. Ryan is quite popular. Don't you  kno-" He cut me off.

"So he is not your friend?" 

I shook my head. "Hell no."

"Good." He said as he once again smiled. I was a bit confused. "Good wh-" He cut me off. "So I guess you'll wait for your friends." He asked as we arrived at the parking lot. I nodded. "Okay." We halted at a car.I guessed it was his. It was some kind of truck. I really liked trucks. I don't know why but they had this something.

Though he didn't move an inch to get inside. "Aren't you gonna-" He cut me off again. "I'll wait with you." And I was actually quite thankful for that. Seeing as it was already dark and just a few people lingered around. "Oh okay. Thanks." The last word came out as a whisper.

He stretched the back of his neck and sighed. He had an expression on his face that I couldn't make out. He almost looked nervous. "I don't really know how to ask you this, but-" He was cut off.

"Liz!" Logan yelled. I turned around to see him and the guys already making their way over to us. "Hey guys." I waved at them.

"When you said friends did you mean the whole football team?" Sam asked quietly beside me. I laughed lightly. Logan and the others were now a few feet away from us.

"What? No hug?" Logan asked trotting towards our direction. It was the ritual of ours that we'd hug after and before a game. Actually not just before games but also tests and exams and stuff. "Wait a sec." I said to Sam and then jogged towards Logan.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and immediately his hands were wrapped around my waist. He lifted me up and twirled me around a bit. "Nice game." After a few seconds he put me down again. "Thanks."

His eyes widened. "Who's jacket is this?" He pointed at the varsity jacket I was wearing. I smiled up at him and pointed over my shoulder. "It's Sam's." Logan knitted his brows in confusion. Confused I turned around only to see that the truck from before wasn't there anymore and Sam was gone.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys!

Hope you enjoyed reading this chapter. Yep there is a new guy on the scene. What do you think about Sam? Love him already? I think we'll see more of him. What about you? Tell me what you think.

Picture to the side is Liz' outfit for the night ------------------->

Anyways

Please vote/comment?

Hugs and kisses

Kathy