XV

Jennie's P.O.V

It's already been 3 weeks since Lisa and I argue about Taehyung and until now she's still not talking to me and has been ignoring me since then. She also stopped bringing me to school and home and not even spending weekends at my house. It was Jisoo who always accompanies me and drives for me. Taehyung insisted to do that for me but I declined his offer. Even though he's already my boyfriend and he once brought me home, I am still not comfortable riding in a car with him. Still, I am much more tranquil with Uncle Josh, Jisoo, and Lisa. I've been texting her saying how sorry I am but she's not responding. I miss her so much and it hurts like fuck that she 's not minding me at all. We're seeing each other at school but she always avoids me every time our paths will cross. Actually, I didn't expect that she can do this to me, that she can ignore me this long, but I cannot blame her coz I know I also hurt her by what I've said to her that night. Maybe I went overboard and hurt her feelings so badly. 

FLASHBACK

"Lisa. I'm dating Taehyung"

I saw how her expression changed when I told her about the news. Her face hardened and she pulled her hands away from me. Her brows furrowed and her jaw was clenched giving me an 'are you fuckin' serious look?'

I swallowed the lump in my throat before I look straight into her eyes and nod my head. My heart was beating so mad almost ripping off my rib cage coz I am so nervous about what her reaction will be. I know she will be upset, mad, irritated, and any other negative words there is but I still hope that she will learn to accept our relationship.

She shook her head and said, "Tell me this is just a prank"  she uttered, trying to paint a  smile on her face. 

"No, it isn't", I said under my breath almost whispering to myself. I don't know if Lisa understood what I am saying but I think she did when she suddenly,

"ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND JENNIE? DIDN'T I TELL YOU TO STAY AWAY FROM HIM? WHY AREN'T YOU EVEN LISTENING"  she burst out and shouted which made me shocked and almost make my heart jumps out from my chest. 

"Can you please calm down?" I convinced trying to reach for her but she shoved my hands away.

"HOW CAN I CALM DOWN WHEN MY BEST FRIEND IS NOW THE GIRLFRIEND OF THE BIGGEST JERK HERE AT SCHOOL?" she shouted. 

She runs her fingers through her head out of frustration. 

"PLEASE STOP CALLING HIM NAMES. AND FOR THE RECORD LISA, I HAVEN'T SEEN HIM BEING A JERK ALL THIS TIME. IT WAS YOU WHO'S ACTING LIKE A BIG DAMN JERK IN FRONT OF HIM!" I bite back. 

Her eyes widened in shock. I too didn't expect those words would come out from my mouth. I was so mad at her coz she's being so unreasonable.  Besides, I just don't want to hear her calling my boyfriend a jerk when in fact all this time he's been so good and gentle to me. 

"I'm just trying to protect you", she said in her low soothing voice.

"Well, I don't need your protection, Lis. I am no longer a child so stop treating me one. I can protect myself from now on"

END OF FLASHBACK

I felt guilty when I shouted at her. I didn't mean what I said and I regret that I said those words to her. I know she's just trying to protect me that's why she wants me to stay away from Taehyung and I was a bit harsh when I told her I don't need her protection coz I did. All this time, Lisa is my protector and because of her I always feel safe and confident. 

Today is Friday. I texted Lisa if she'll come to my house for our weekend movie night but until now there's no reply then I saw her walking out from their classroom. She's with Momo and Seulgi and they are talking and laughing at each other. I stared at my best friend and my brows automatically furrowed when I saw that she's on her phone. I'm pretty sure she already received my message but she's just not replying to me intentionally. I'm starting to get pissed, so, I went toward her with gritted teeth and clenched jaw.