Chapter 2

Chapter 2:

20 July 2016:

                      Pari was heartbroken by the ice cold behavior of Arjun in the past few days. Asha was too little to understand the emotional battle between her dad and best friend.. So when she dragged the whole family to play hide and seek.

No one can help but join in the fun. After an hour of fun and laughter, play time was officially over and Asha who was too tired by then, went to sleep with her daddy. She alternates between sleeping with her best friend, her dida and her father that her own room and the bed was long forgotten.

Leaving only dida and Pari alone.For Dida Pari is just like the Grand daughter she lost,so they both have gotten along well ever since they met. When Arjun asked Dida to live with them and take care of Asha as she was too heartbroken by the death of her grand daughter and her husband.

She immediately agreed in spite of the fact her daughter Sujatha was against it as she wanted Asha to live with them. But even they backed off given Arjun love for his daughter. Albeit not happily as they still blamed him for their daughter's death.

But Dida knew Arjun also needs her not only Asha. And so she become Dida of the house, Dida to Arjun and Dida to Asha. She wont let them call her any other way and now Dida to Pari as well.

Dida:" He is finally smiling again, not just when he was around Asha but regularly.And i have to thank you for that "

Pari:" He hates me or i think he likes me but i am not sure what is it though"

Dida:" Well i think he loves you. I might be old but i know everything , give him sometime. He will come around".

Pari wanted to believe that, his icy cold behavior is bothering her a lot. She spent a few sleepless hours worrying about his sudden change in behavior but in spite of her worry. She finally fell asleep near to midnight.

The next day Pari got up a little early than usual and decided to cook breakfast for everyone,so while she was in the kitchen cooking little sleepy Asha who just got up came for a visit.

Asha: "Who is this in the photo Pari aunty,i found it in daddy room. "

Pari: "Show me the pic Asha dear.Let see i dont know since i dont know anyone. How about asking daddy when he wakes up."

With that she lifted Asha up and was about to take her for bath when suddenly she remembered something. She took the discarded picture once again and though she shouldnt know anyone,she knows the people in the picture.

Well not much just their names. She began to recite them one by one as if checking it out. Durga Prasad uncle, Annapurna aunty, Lakshya,Uttara and finally Sanskar.

The next second Asha was yanked out of her hand in force, she looked up to see Arjun glaring at her. By this time Dida was up as well and Arjun gave Asha to dida and dragged pari out of the house.

Arjun: " How do you know the people in the pic, you dont have memory of anything right?"

Pari:" I dont know them"

Arjun:" Stop lying to me.I trusted you enough to let you in my house and you lied to me . You knew who i was all along right ,that why you pretended to have Memory Loss. "

Pari:" I am not pretending. I really dont know them, i dont know how i remember their name ,trust me Arjun"

Arjun:"I have trusted you enough. Now not anymore. You are leaving this house today. Pack your bags and leave. You are not welcome here anymore. And i cant allow a person i cant trust to stay here any longer"