Chapter 20

I am back..I know the wait as been so long..I am so sorry about that.. So let me get to then... This chapter revolves mostly around the aftermath of Durgaprasad death ..So less SwaSan and i apologize about that in advance..

The Part A: What constitutes of an Marriage?

Few hours earlier ..

                  Annapurna Maheshwari started at the wall and found the beautiful picture of her granddaughter staring at her.. She never got any time to spend with her..Unlike Sujatha ..She knew how much time Sujatha has spend with Asha given she and her husband were always part of Sanskar life unlike her or her husband.. It was an choice she had to take back that day when his husband has basically asked Sanskar to leave.. She pretended to not know the real reason and pretended to believe it was because of one of their clashes due to Sanskar chosen career..But she knew back in that day, it was her husband asking his first son to leave to keep the rest of his family safe.. And she rationalized her decision to stay away from Sanskar with the logic that her other two kids needs her more given their lack of maturity unlike Sanskar.. And that meant she failed as an mother to Sanskar and failed as an grandmother to an one year old Asha who needed her more than anyone else..But she choose to stay by her husband believed his intention in asking Sanskar to move was risen out of his deepest worry not to lose anyone in the family.. 

                      And while parents tend to love all children equally, they do provide extra care and attention to the one who needs it more.. That doenst mean they dont love the other..And all through his life Annapurna knew she has chosen Laksh who was more mischievous and Uttara who was too little over Sanskar everytime. But for her husband Sanskar was the apple of the eye..He would always give him preference over everything else.. He never would say No to him .. And he would forgive anything he did and that why laksh always used his brother as an shield to protect himself from his father wrath..And he always seen Sanskar as his heir, that why she was able to understand the rift that was created in the relationship between this two ,when Sanskar declared his intention to pursue his chosen Career.. She knew how much it must have derailed the plans her husband build for Sanskar ..Hence was able to understand all the anomisty that was build between this two in the recent years. Or so she thought until today... And how she wish she never found out.. 

             Annapurna Maheshwari rarely ventures into her husband study given the fact he would either be frowning or screaming in the phone..He was never at his best when working. When it comes to work ,he will only be satisfied if it went his way and just his way.. That made him an force to reckon with for his competitors but an lousy husband while working.. So she rather gave him all the alone time when working..But one of his employees visited the home to give him some files when he was out..So she ventured into the study to keep the files their as he would probably lash out if it was kept anywhere else. But the windows were kept open and the new fresh wind toppled some of the files over ,she was placing it back when her hands found an file which said medical report .. She knew he went for an monthly checkup few days ago ..And the fact it was here instead of in their room caused bit of panic to her..So she opened it and was relieved to find everything was normal and was about to place it back when an small envelope fell out of the file.. The contents of the reports in the file just shattered her entire marriage in an blink. And at the unfavorable moment Durga Prasad entered the study and knew its over between them.. She still remembers their last conversation each words of his establishing how much she didnt even know him .. 

AP:" What does this mean .. Please tell me it was an mistake "

DP: " I didnt ask for it .Believe me.."