Nicole

Waking up today, I felt uneasy. As if something I wouldn't like would happen. I instantly thought I was just being paranoid since Dante left but I just kept getting more worried by the second. Even Donna wasn't her usual loud self today, I'm guessing she misses Stefano. Micheal was trying his best to entertain me but I just kept getting more moodier all day.

By the end of the day, We were in the lounge with Sarah, Damian and Katrina. Everyone was trying to keep me company. It was really nice of them to do that since my emotions are slightly hightened at this point.

So I went back to my bedroom and reached for my phone to call Dante. Maybe hearing his voice might calm me, it always has. The phone rings for a while, which is weird because Dante always answers his phone from the second ring, weird but Its something I've kept track of.

The call goes straight to voicemail, confused I try again. And it goes to voicemail again. I try to call Stefano and Stephen but my calls were unanswered. Starting to get frustrated I put my phone on the bed and left the room to look for Damian maybe if I call through his phone someone will respond.

Damian has been working in Dantes' office in the last two days as he is the second in command when Dante is unavailable. Walking close to the office, I could hear a frustrated Damian yelling on the phone. "What do you mean he has been shot? Where are you?"

I start to get concerned, hoping it is not one of them. "Its not safe for him to be in a public hospital!  Anyone can try to kill him! I swear to God Stephen, if my brother dies before I get there someone will pay!" I gasp pushing the wooden door.

"What happened? Damian what happened to Dante?!" I couldn't breathe properly. Not him God, please not him. Damian only stared at me, too shocked to respond. "DAMIAN!!" I was shaking terribly but I had to focus. Dante is hurt and I don't even know how bad it is.

"Dante has been shot, everything will be fine. He will be fine" I glare at him, tears streaming down my face. "Damian don't you lie to me, how bad is he?" He sighs "It's not good, but we have the best doctors with him. He needs urgent surgery. I really have to go" he starts shuffling papers.

" Wait! Where was he shot?" he stops looking for his keys and looks at me with a pained expression. "By the heart" I gasp as a sob comes out. "Oh God, I need to go to him, please I have to" He nods and hugs me "its going to be okay little one, this is Dante, he will be fine"

We walk out of the office. The whole family sees me crying and grandma comes to me. "Sweetheart what's wrong?"
"Dante has been shot, Damian s-said he is going to need urgent surgery, I-I have to go" I say moving to the door, not waiting for the reactions.

The whole family immediately starts following with Donna yelling "Oh God" on the back of me. The cars pull up as soon as we are all outside. After a while we reach the City but we do not go to the airport. "Damian why are we going this way? What's going on?"

He sighs, "Dante never left for Venice, what he had to sort out was here" I glare at him " So he lied?" He slowly looks back at the road "Yes, but he had a reason to. You will ask him all of that when he is better, Okay?" He says trying to reassure me, I nod looking down. Why would he lie to me?  What is he hiding? I take a deep breathe and remind myself that I will ask him when he gets better. Him lying to me is not a priority right now.

I rub my belly as my boy starts kicking, sensing my distress. We need him, we really can't do this without him. More tears roll down as an uncontrollable sob comes out. Donna who has been silent the whole time seemingly in shock suddenly snaps and goes to hug me while she silently cries.

"Its going to be alright, my brother will be alright" she says trying to calm the both of us. "Is Stefano and Stephen okay?" She asks Damian and he nods "Yes, its just Dante" He voice breaks when he mentions Dante. I could see he was trying to be strong for us but I could see he was hurting and very much worried.

When we reach the hospital, my baby has calmed down with the kicking and Donna helps me out of the car. Giovanni is by my side as always, looking out for any danger. We quickly get to where the senior twins were and Micheal and Donna go to hug them. This only brings more tears as I don't know if I'll be able to do that anytime soon.

The senior twins come to hug me and I cry more holding them tighter. "Thank God you guys are okay" I say looking at the both of them. They kiss my forehead and mumble an apology. I shake my heard trying to stay positive. "Where is he?" Stefano responds "He is in surgery, we haven't heard anything yet"

Francesca and Diego come running in. "Is he in surgery?" Diego asks worried for his son as Francesca comes to hug me. We both cry just needing to comfort each other. "Yes, My dad is operating on him" Stephen says to Diego. "Okay, Good, good" Damian goes to his very troubled father and they hug. "He is going to be okay Dad" he says to him as his dad just holds him tighter.

After a long time Zio Luca finally comes out looking exhausted. His face softens when he looks at me . "The surgery went well, all we have to do now is observe him and make sure he is fine. The bullet hit close to his heart but we were able to take it out in time." We all sigh seemingly relieved by the news.

"Can we see him?" Francesca says looking hopeful. "Yes but only five at a time, he is still unconscious and it might take him a while to wake up" we all nod and decide that Donna, Damian, Francesca, Diego and I will be the first to go see him.

When we reached the room all that could be heard was a beeping machine. He had tubes all over him. I have never seen him so helpless, so vulnerable. It brought tears to my eyes and I couldn't help the sob coming out of me. I couldn't bear seeing him like this, I wanted my love back. He needed to come back to me.

I kiss his forehead and mumble "come back to me love" I stay by his side,  just waiting for him to wake up. Hoping and praying he will be alright. After awhile members of the family come to see him until its just me, Francesca and Donna in the room. We didn't want to leave him, God knows we couldn't especially me.

After a while I started to get drowsy and I knew I didn't want to leave so Donna made the nurses bring another bed as she didn't feel the couch was comfortable for me to sleep in. They moved the bed close to his so I could still touch him. Pops brought us food and small blankets to keep us warm as they were going to the hotel nearby to rest.

Francesca didn't want to leave but Diego insisted they will be back by morning. Stefano tried to get Donna to leave but she said no and was too stubborn to be told otherwise. So she slept with me in my hospital bed. I stared at him till I fell asleep.

In the middle of my sleep, the beep sound wasn't doing the familiar sound so I opened my eyes to check. When I checked the monitor, all lines were flat and I felt like I couldn't breathe. I yelled out "somebody help!" While pressing the the nurse call button. Donna ran to the door shouting "help!" Alot of people came in moving my bed to the side and removing me from the room.

All I could was watch him leave me, I couldn't let him do that. He can't just leave us like that. We still need him!

—————————————

Not going to lie, I cried a little with the ending of the chapter.

Hate seeing my girl hurting so much

What did you think of this chapter?

Will Dante survive?

Remember to vote
Till next time