Chapter 74- The Good In Goodbye

VanderVall Academy- Tuesday 3rd July, 2018- 11.09am

Justin's Office-

Almost a month has passed since the battle and everything felt as if it was going back to normal, people went home for summer vacation, some stayed at the Academy meanwhile Kathryn and her friends were planning on spending their holiday at Kathryn's home in Miami. Every day has been relaxing and enjoyable at the Academy, the most peaceful it has been in years which made Justin smile.

Justin was stood at his book case as he added a book to the bookcase that had every detail of what happened at the battle and every important detail that happened over the past eighteen years in this book. This meaning in the far future the next generations can be able to look back at this battle and learn from it, learn what they did wrong and could have improved on, learn how to see the signs earlier. Greg comes bursting into Justin's Office with a worried look on his face, Justin turn around and smiles at him.

"Keep making an entrance like that and i will start thinking you are trying to kill me" Justin jokes to him.

"He's escapes" Greg reveals to him as she takes a few steps forward. The smile on Justin's face disappears and his eyes widen

"What do you mean he's escaped?" Justin questions him not sure if he heard him right

"How is this possible?" Greg asks confused as the prisoner was locked away and it near impossible to escape.

"I don't know but i can guarantee he will come here looking for her" Justin brings up and walks over to his desk. "Three weeks, that is all we get before someone else decides they want my daughter"

"He might not want to kill her"Greg says trying to think positive

"No he wouldn't want to kill her but he will want her back" Justin agrees with Greg and sits down on his chair worried about Kathryn. He spent the past eighteen years waiting for this moment, waiting for him to come back and seek his revenge on them, to take her away.

"She needs to leave here" Greg suggests to him knowing it isn't safe for Kathryn here as this is the first place he would come looking

"She isn't safe" Justin shakes his head "And i can't go with her" his heart begins to break at the idea of being separated from his daughter again.

"We will find someone" Greg says walking over to his desk

"You, you will go with her" Justin begins to say "I trust you to protect her"

"What about Dallas?" Greg questions knowing he really would be the best person apart from Justin

"He is too obvious" Justin says and closes his eyes and holds his hand up to his mouth.

"It's your daughter, you should go with her" Greg tells him finding it wrong to go in his place

"You are my friend, you are family. You are her uncle, We both know i can't go" Justin reminds him that he will know Justin would be with her and it would result in her being found. "Promise me, you will look after my daughter."

"I promise" Greg promises him and nods his head.

Courtyard- 11.29am

Kathryn is sitting on the concrete floor in front of the water fountain wearing a black pair of shorts that sat just below her bottom with a little brace around her leg and a black and white checkered strappy top that was tucked underneath her shorts, she has long black above the knee socks that has three strips at the top and black knee high heels on her feet. Her hair was done with a slight wave to it. Dallas was sitting on the floor beside her as the pair has been inseparable ever since she woke up and he helped get her back off drink and drugs and helped her process being dead and a vampire/ witch. Ella is sitting on the bench on the right of Kathryn beside Jai while she is wearing a luminous yellow skirt and a yellow one shoulder cropped top and yellow sandals on her feet, her hair was in loose curl and down. Alice was sat with Danny on the left bench wearing a white lace bodysuit and a pastel blue floaty skirt that had a bow at the top of the skirt and white strappy heels on her feet, Half of her hair was up in a ponytail in tight curls while the other half was down in tight curls. Lance and Wilson was sitting on the same bench as Ella meanwhile Marly and Zackery was sat beside Alice as they all laughed talking about how much fun they are going to have over summer.