2| The Dreaded Cunningham Girl

"DUDE, Theo, wake up!"

I could hear Matteo's voice, but I was choosing not to listen. Because, obviously, I didn't want to wake up and get out of bed and actually get shit done. The best way to spend my day would be to sleep and lay in bed, I was sure of it. Especially considering tomorrow was the first day of sorority/fraternity Rush Week at Syracuse University.

I had a lot of shit to do as the president of Lamda Xi before tomorrow rolled around and a bunch of dudes decided to show up and rush to join a fraternity. Being a part of Lamda Xi was one of the most exclusive fraternities at Syracuse, which meant that the events thrown during Rush Week by our house needed to be fucking amazing.

But I would rather sleep today, except Matteo wasn't standing for it.

And that's why, after he left the room for 10 minutes and I continued to lay there with my eyes closed, he came back and dumped a bucket of ice water all over me and my black corduroy comforter.

"AGH!" I yelled, rolling out of bed and landing on the hardwood floor.

"They do this every year," Matteo muttered in his best Ice Age Sid impression. "Get the hell off the floor, el tonto! Moron. We have things to do today whether you like it or not!"

I groaned into the floor. "Fuck off."

"I'm sorry, what? What was that you said to me? I think I heard something like, 'Fuck me'. So I'll ask you this: Where do you want me to fuck you and how? Cause I'm not sure if I vibe with fucking on the hardwood floor."

I groaned again and rolled up to look at him, flipping Matteo off while he laughed at his own jokes. Classic stupid Matteo. Funny dude. Probably the funniest dude I'd ever met.

He was a junior this year while I was a sophomore, and I met him in an introductory economics class. He had just decided that his major was going to be focused on economics when we met, and so we basically studied with each other every weekend at the library. And since he was a part of Lamda Xi, we were roommates during my first year in the fraternity house. Of course, this year I had won the presidency despite only being a sophomore (there was no rule against it), and I got to move into my own room, which was conveniently the one at the top of the house.

Basically, I lived in the attic. The ceiling was tilted on the side of my room where my bed sat and if I stood up too quickly, I would accidentally smack my head against the wooden roof.

Other than the occasional head pounding, it was practically paradise.

But yeah. Matteo was my best friend, I guess you could say. He was the funny dude who ended up bringing in a lot of people during Rush Week because of his demeanor. Not to mention, girls loved him. Girls always love the funny dude. Not like it mattered much to Matteo.