Chapter 3

Knock Out had just helped treat Ratchet and Red Alert once he and First Aid had been cleared by the other medics.

He was relieved to know that both mechs would recover.

Red Alert had one of his servos that needed replaced because it had been crush when the building equipment fell on him. And Ratchet's legs had been badly damaged. But both would make a full recovery.

Knock Out went to visit Ratchet the older medic's legs were crushed beyond recognishion and Knock Out felt bad because Ratchet had gotten hurt pushing him out of the way and part of him felt like it should have been him instead.

Ratchet looked at his legs that were currently just strips of metal. "I needed those." He said with a frown.

"We're just glad your alive and going to recover." Arcee told him.

"I'm sorry if I would've been paying attention you might not have gotten hurt." Knock Out said to the older medic.

"Don't blame yourself Knock Out someone tried to kill you." Ratchet told him.

Knock Out nodded but still felt bad. Then left to go check on Starscream. After walking down the hallway to the seeker's room. Knock Out took a seat next to his berth.

Starscream's condition hadn't changed he was still unresponsive and hooked to several machines that were keeping him online as well as an energon drip.

"Hang in there you survived the war this should be easy to recover from." Knock Out told his best friend wishing the seeker could answer him.

"It doesn't make any sense why someone would do this to you I mean I know they shot you because you were about to look at the camera but they got that the first time they escaped." Knock Out added trying to make sense of everything that had been going on.

Then Knock Out noticed something on Starscream's servo it was spilled energon on one of the seeker's talens.

Then First Aid walked in and Knock Out told him what he noticed. And the other medic agreed that it was odd.

"It's strange because he had just regained consciousness before he was poisoned in fact the reason I was outside your room was because he told me to get you and the Autobots because he had something important to say to you guys." First Aid explained.

"Maybe he saw his attacker and they tried to kill Starscream because they know he can identify them." Said Knock Out.

Then Smokescreen came in because it was his turn to guard Starscream to make sure whoever wanted him dead wouldn't try again.

While Knock Out went back to work.
_                                                                       

Later Knock Out met Road Siren at Macadams. And they had energon together.

"So the mech who ran out of Starscream's room and attacked you did you notice anything we can use to identify him?" Knock Out asked her.

"I couldn't see his faceplates but come to think of it there was energon dripping from under his hood." Road Siren explained.

"There was also energon on Starscream's talen." Knock Out told her. "So he managed to mark his attacker."

"Then we have a lead or at least the closest thing we've had to one." Road Siren said with a smile. "Maybe the nightmare is almost over?"

"I hope so." Knock Out told her. "We need to go tell the Autobots." "I'll go pay the bill for the energon then we'll go straight to the hospital to let them know."

Then Knock Out walk over to the bar to pay Macadam and was just turning to walk back when he heard Road Siren scream.

And saw a mech had a firm grip on her servos and was trying to force her out the door.

Knock Out jumped right into action as he activated his saw and drill ready to fight the bot to defend Road Siren.

The mech saw Knock Out coming and tossed Road Siren aside then bolted out the door. Knock Out rushed to Road Siren's side and saw that the femme was in fits and started trying to comfort her.

"It's ok he's gone." Knock Out said to the shaking femme. "What happened?"

"He just attacked me and tried to drag me out the door." She sobbed.

"It's ok I won't let anyone hurt you." Knock Out promised her. "I didn't get a very good look at him but that mech who just attacked you had a scar on his faceplates."

"You think he was the one behind what's been going on at the hospital?" Road Siren asked.

"Probably." Knock Out replied. "We need to tell the others"
_                                                                        

They both went to the hospital and told the others what they had figured out and what happened to them.

Then Smokescreen came in and told them that another attempt had been made on Starscream.

"Did you see who did it?" Asked Knock Out.

"No we didn't see who did it but we think his medication was tampered with." Red Alert explained.

"First Aid give him the antidote we've been using to cure him of the Cyber Venom but he suddenly went into shock." Red Alert finished.

"I look it over too but it was the right antidote so it shouldn't have affected him that way." Explained Ratchet who was currently in a cybertronian wheelchair since his legs still hadn't been repaired yet.

"I just checked his energon drip." Said First Aid. "There were traces of circuit speeders in it."

"Circuit speeders!" Both Ratchet and Knock Out said at once.

"Starscream is already being given Cryo-gas and the antidote it's extremely dangerous to mix that many medications." Said Ratchet not sounding happy.

"Whoever's doing this must have put it in his energon drip knowing the antidote wouldn't mix well with it and that it would send him into shock." Knock Out told them. "Will Starscream be ok?"

"Yes fortunately Smokescreen noticed something was off and call us in just in time." Red Alert explained.

"Good job Smokescreen you saved his life." Ratchet told the race car.

Then Knock Out noticed a tape recorder on the table that wasn't there before.

So he pressed play and they all listened. A voice none of them recognized started speak it sounded mechanical.

"That seeker better keep his mouth shut if he doesn't want to become one with the Allspark." The voice said.

"Tell him he'll forget what he saw if he knows what good for him." The voice continued. "Because his luck will run out." Then the tape stopped.

"We better keep an extra close eye on Starscream since he just received an official threat on his life." Said Bulkhead.

"Ok we'll keep guarding his room and we'll make a point to have Knock Out, Ratchet, First Aid and Red Alert check his medication regularly and have them be the only ones to treat him." Arcee suggested.

And they all agreed it was a good idea. And they told the police what had been going on and to keep a look out for any mechs with scars on their faceplates that looked like it may have come from a seeker.

It was late and they could all tell Knock Out was really stressed because the situation was taking it's toll on him. So Ratchet told him to go home and get some rest. But to call if anything happened.

Knock Out agreed thinking some recharge sounded like a good idea. And Bulkhead decided to drive with him to make sure he got home safely given what had happened to him before.

And Knock Out accepted not wanting to be stabbed again or worse. Then the two mechs left the hospital.

To Be Continued.

Hope I did ok on the dialog and added enough detail it's hard to come up with. Anyway I'll try to get the next chapter up soon so feel free to send feedback.