Booming With News

Chapter Fourteen

Riley's P.O.V.

"Look," Farkle began to talk as we wait here in the lunch line together. "I think that the... you know what, is starting to cause problems within our friends."

I look at him and smirk then looked back at the food in front of us. I knew what "You know what" meant from the context he spoke it, he wasn't very good with talking about things like that discreetly.

"Wanna be anymore obvious buddy?" I smiled then I grabbed my lunch from the lunch lady and smiled at her.

"But it's science!" Farkle called out as I walked ahead of him.

I sat down at our lunch table and joined Chase, Farkle came running behind. Chase chewed is food as he gave the two perplexed looks.

"I think, we just all need to get used to the fact that I'm not little miss happy anymore. I've evolved, I make it my World." I smirked at him.

"I bet you guys' worlds are all pretty smoky." He smirked back.

Maya's P.O.V.

When school ended I went to Riley's house, I for some reason haven't been there in about a week, cause our recent plans oddly enough haven't led us to the Bay Window. I can't wait to see her though! I wanna tell her about the awesome Art school that was interested in me.

I walk through their apartment door to see a VERY pregnant Topanga picking up some clothes off the floor. It's sad cause it's kinda funny to witness. Without realizing, I find myself quickly helping her pick up the clothes.

"Thanks Maya." She sighed as she continued to try. Quickly, I grabbed the one she was attempting to grab and looked at her.

"You're eight months pregnant Mrs. Matthews." I chuckled as I motioned to the couch, she caught what I was trying say and sat down. She instantly sighed once more in relief. "You shouldn't be doing chores like this."

"Well no one else is gonna do them." She smiled sadly. "Cory is busy with the school all the now, Riley is with you a lot, and Auggie is nine years old." She shrugged.

"Jeez, remind me to smack everyone for not helping you more." I smile at her.

She smiled back, "Riley's in her bedroom."

I smile as I run to Riley's room. I opened her door to see her laying on her bed stating at the ceiling.

"Am I a drug addict Maya?" I hear her ask. "Farkle practically called me one today, should I be offended? Cause I kinda am."

I join her an also lay down and stare at the ceiling with her.

"A lot of people miss use that term." I look at her. "Smoking a little weed doesn't make you one Riles. When you begin to need it to surive and using it for fun are two completely different things."

She turned to me, "Really?" She asked in kind of a baby voice.

"Yeah." I smiled back to her.

Later that day, we ended up meeting with Zay, Farkle, and Chase at Chase's house so they could give us imput on our song for class. I wrote my parts and Zay wrote his and we wrote the chorus together with help from Colton of all people. I ran it past Josh and he liked it, but I just need to make sure he was saying that because it actually was.

"What are you holding tight too?" Riley asked me as she read over the lyrics.

"The one." I shrugged to her, thinking it over in my head.

"But in a, pretty seductive way I see." Chase titled his head at the Lyrics Sheet.

"I agree with Chase." Farkle said as he snatched the sheet from Chase. "You should definitely tone it down just a tiny bit."

Zay then peeked out from the kitchen, with a sandwich in his mouth. He took it out as he began to walk to us. "If anything we should be toning it up." He said as he sat down next to me. "This song is way too good to be used just for a music project."

"Hmm." I thought to myself as i approached the mic in the middle of the space. "Let's go over it, then ima tell you guys the idea I have in my head."

As we finished, I noticed that The gang got up and began to dance with the music. Looks like we got a hit on our hands.

"So... my thought right, what if we make a music video and post it on YouTube?" I suggested.

"Oooooohhh, lemme direct!" Farkle smiled as he raised his hand in the air. "Gotta cross 'Director' off my bucket list."