Brand New Day

Chapter One

Riley's POV

"Wake up, Wake up, WAKE UP!" I hear someone yelling at me, of course I know who it is.

I hate it when she does this. She's did this on the first day of school for the last eight years. It's gets annoying after the first three years. I force my eyes to open, even though I don't want to.

"Mom," I say as I reach for my phone and turn it on. "It's 6:30 in the morning. No one is even up this early."

Then as if on cue, Maya come totting though the window with a book bag on her back. She has the biggest smile on her face, never seen her so happy.

Mom looked at me and smiled, "Oh, I thought no one was up this early? Hey Maya."

Maya gave my mom the biggest hug ever, it's a little weird watching her be so happy.

"Good Morning Topagna!" Maya smiled. "Riley! Why are you still in bed?"

I threw my covers off of me, to revel that I already dressed up for the day, purple jeans, white shirt, and blue cardigan. I was ready awhile ago, I just wanted to see who would wake me up first. I guess Mom won that battle.

"Where's Dad?" I ask getting out of bed.

"He already left, probably because of Auggie's first day of school break down." Mom sighed.

I laugh at the thought of this. "Well, at least he's smart."

Maya shrugged, "Come on, ready to take on the world... and sophomore year?"

No she didn't. Okay, let me explain, back in seventh grade we wrote a song called Take on the World for our music class, and Maya knows that I was the most nervous thing in the world while singing that song, so now she references it whenever she can.

I sigh and grab her hand, "Bring... It... on!"

___

We made it to school around 7, and the school was a lot more packed then it was last year. 12 year old Riley would have immediately freaked out by the large number of people, but 15 year old Riley is cool, calm, and collected.

"Lucas just walked in." Maya said to me.

Without thinking, I end up ducking into the nearest classroom, and pulling Maya in with me. Thank God the room was empty. The last thing I need is someone snapchating that.

"You can't avoid him for the rest of high school." Maya warned as she put her hands on her hips.

"Yes I can and watch me." I say talking fast, like I normally do.

"Oh I'll watch you, watch you fail." She laughed. "You broke up with him, he cheated, the last thing he's gonna do is try to win you back."

"Yes, I know that, but I don't even wanna look at him, still can't believe he would do that." I look down at my white vans.

I feel Maya's hand on my shoulder. I love it how she's always there for me.

"Lucas is a Man-whore, Riley. Don't give him the satisfaction."

You know what? I won't. This is my second year in high school, and I'm not gonna waste it hiding from the jerk who cheated on me with some mystery girl. Forget him, if it's just Maya, Chase, Farkle, and I, I'll be okay with that. I gather up ever once I have in my body and grab Maya's hand.

"Let's take on sophomore year." I smile, as we walk out the classroom the bell rings.

"Shit, this is why you shouldn't worry so much." Maya smiled at we as we started walking to class.

Have I mentioned how much I love this girl?

Hey guys! I hope you enjoyed Chapter One of Girl Meets Sophomore Year! Please Vote, Comment, and Share guys. It shows that you guys really want me to continue. See you next time!