Reflection: Part Two

Chapter Twenty Two

Lucas' P.O.V.

Zay and I start walking to lunch after we get out of Geometry. I sometimes hate having lunch at 10:36 because it's basically breakfast.

"So, are you gonna try to get together with Riley?" Zay asked me.

I shrugged, "I don't know, because I think Chase likes her and I don't know if I wanna get between that."

Then someone tapped me on my shoulder. I turned around to see Chase's older brother Onyx standing there with a smile on face. "Hey there cowboy."

I chuckled as I kept walking, "You know my name is Lucas."

"I know that, just don't care enough to call you buy your name." He said,  I rolled my eyes. "Anyway, what's this about my little brother liking Riley?"

Oh shit.

Riley's P.O.V.

"True love... I knew I had it. True Love... It was mine oh mine. True love, I'd never let it go this time." Lucas sang.

We are in my room practicing our song for Mr. Falls. I think it's going fine considering no one has curbstomped anyone yet.

"Okay, we are gonna need to figure out how this is gonna work in class." Farkle said while writing some stuff down in a notebook.

Zay was tuning his guitar and looked up, "The order I was thinking was you can explain, then Lucas, Riley, and Maya sing."

"This should get us and A." Maya smiled. "Love getting those."

I smiled. "I still can't believe you sing Lucas. When did that happen?"

He shrugged. "When we broke up, I just started to write music. And sing, I guess." Lucas laughed, which made me smile.

"Yeah, you got that little country accent there, pal." Maya said in a take western accent as she started galloping around. "Ha her!"

"Oh, you know how much I love it when you do that." Lucas obviously joked.

"You love it when I do a lot of things to do." Maya said.

Wait, what? I obviously wasn't the only one who caught on to the inside joke, Farkle and Chase shared a looked while Zay sipped his tea loudly. Where did he get tea from?

"Anyway." Maya quickly changed the subject, as she did, my Mom walked in.

"Hey guys, how's the project going?" Mom asked as she leaned against the doorframe.

"It's going okay." Chase sighed. "It would be even better if it wasn't due tomorrow."

"And Mr. Falls should love, and love me at some point in time." Maya dreamily sighed.

"What is it with you and older men?" Farkle asked.

Real talk tho. I have no idea what it is.

She shrugged.

Maya's P.O.V.

Before I knew it, it was the next day... And we were all in school. We were sitting down watching all the people on our class present and it got so boring that I almost fell asleep. 80 minutes of this made me wanna cry.

"Okay, Farkle your group is up." Mr. Falls said, that immediately woke me up as I turned to look at Riley.

She smiled at me, "Let's Take it On."

Oh Riley.

We all got up to the front of the room, Farkle, Zay, and Chase stood center.

"For our explanation of the Short Story, we wrote a song that will happily explain what will happen through out the book." Farkle explained.

"Well, it will make sense if any of you read it." Zay laughed, which make Chase chuckle.

"Anyways..." Chase began as he went to his seat to pull out his speaker and come back and place it on the teacher's desk. "We hope you enjoy this as much as we did writing it."

"By the way, the song is on iTunes! Buy it for 99 Cent!" I threw in, which made the class laugh, including the teacher. "I'm serious."

(Play the song before moving on)

The entire song I couldn't help but start to stare at Lucas... And so was Riley... And he was staring at both of us. And literally almost no one noticed it, it made me wanna push everyone on the ground. It's so annoying.

"Best project I've seen so far." Mr. Falls smiled at us.

"I've seen better things." Lucas smiled as he turned to Riley.

Later that night I decide id drive home, now I'm in my car driving and listening to ma fav The Girl and the Dreamcatcher. I still can't believe Riley likes Lucas again, I mean he broke her heart, and she's gonna just go back to him? I wouldn't even dare.

Ugh, I hate stoplights. My phone lit up in the passengers seat and I go to grab it, right as the light turned green.

"BEEEP!" the car behind me sounded.

I look out my window, "Quiet! BAE JUST TEXTED!"

Josh:
You down to come over?

I felt my foot pressing down on something, and I have no clue what it is because IM SO HAPPY! Like I can-

"LOOK OUT!" I hear.

Next thing I know, I'm upside down... In the air.