dizzy in love- steve rogers

Start from the beginning

"Why would they just drug her? They've never sprung that tactic up on any of us before in the past," Bucky looked confused. "They usually just try and kill us. They didn't do that to me, either."

"Because they thought by slowing her down it'd slow all of us down," Sam realized what was going on, "they were probably thinking it'd be easier to deal with us when there was one less. New strategy, I'm assuming? I don't know, honestly."

"You guys can all come with me if you're not going to watch over Y/N, since Cap and Wanda'll take care of her," the scientist beckoned the others to follow him up to his lab. "I made an antidote in the case that something like this happened, but I'll need help on finding it."

★━━━━━━✩━━━━━━★

As Bruce and the others searched for the antidote to the drug that had poisoned you through your bloodstream, Wanda started treating your wound in the medical wing. It seemed that no matter how fast she worked, the blood kept pouring out at an alarmingly rapid rate, soaking the bandages they attempted to secure around your torso within minutes.

"Cap, we have a problem here," she spoke rapidly, "Y/N's burning up and she's losing a lot of blood. My powers can't hold it back for much longer. Get me a cold towel, please? And call Dr. Cho. I was able to remove the bullet but we'll need professional treatment to deal with the rest."

"Yeah, you got it," he nodded breathlessly, grabbing a towel and soaking it in icy-cold water that made his fingers go numb, folding it and carefully placing it atop your forehead before grabbing the phone, dialing with trembling fingers.

"Captain. Is something the matter?"

"Y/N's been poisoned. We have the antidote but she's losing a lot of blood, we need you over ASAP."

"Got it. Be there in 5."

"She's on her way," he turned to the young woman after getting off the phone. "How's Y/N?"

"Fever's going down," Wanda replied, "but now it's a matter of how badly the poison affected her. We can get it out in time, but Helen needs to get here fast if we want that to happen..."

"5 minutes."

"I guess that'll be okay," she nodded and finished wrapping the bandages around your torso. "Thanks, Cap."

"No problem."

The sudden whirring of a SHIELD medical helicarrier was heard in the distance and within two minutes, footsteps sounded down the hallways and Helen and two other assistants burst through the doors. "Where's she?"

Wanda motioned over where you lay and the doctors quickly loaded you onto a stretcher before carrying you away to the operating room. The two of them went outside to the waiting area and as they sat down, Steve let out a long, shaky sigh and put his head in his hands.

"You okay, Cap?"

The super-soldier blinked a few times and shook his head. "Oh. Yeah, I'm fine, Wanda. Don't worry about me."

"She's going to be okay, if that is what you're so concerned about," she reassured him upon seeing the tears pooling in the corners of his eyes. "Don't worry too much. You're only stressing yourself out."

"They've formulated a new kind of drug," Bruce explained as he pulled up the results of the various tests he ran on the poisonous compound to show to the others, "a hallucinogen that makes a person slowly lose their sense of reality while sucking the life out of them."

"Brutal," Bucky sucked in a breath. "Doesn't sound pleasant at all."

"She'll be okay, right?" Natasha questioned.