advice and puppy love- peter parker (part 1)

(a/n: ah finally! my lazy a$$ has finally gotten another chapter up. but good news, i finally arrived back from hong kong and japan <june 10, 10:40 am PST> in one piece! i'm no longer sick but i'm EXTREMELY jet lagged. i have tons of oneshot ideas coming up though so don't worry!)

Peter sighed as he mindlessly stared off at the ceiling into space. He was contemplating, thinking of a way to pull off his grand plan, but so far hadn't come to a conclusion. It was frustrating him, if you put it that way. Frustrating him to the point where he had already chucked all four pillows on the couch across the room.

Tony walked in and noticed him sprawled out across the living room rug like a starfish, seeming very stressed out. "Hey kid, you alright?"

Steve followed behind him. "You okay, Peter? You look dead."

"Oh, Mr. Stark, Captain," Peter sat up and ran a hand through his hair, looking excited. "You guys are just the people I needed to ask you this about!"

"And you need us to...?" Steve trailed off on his question.

The boy's cheeks flushed a bright red and he looked down, suddenly unable to speak properly. "W-well...you see...i-it's complicated..."

"Ohhhhh, I know exactly what you need help with!" Tony exclaimed, sitting down on the couch and neatly folding his hands in his lap.

"How?" Peter scratched his forehead, confused.

"You want to ask Y/N out," he and Steve said in unison.

"H-how did you know?" he spluttered.

"It's obvious that you like her," the Captain explained, a smug look on his face. "Tony, would you like to do the honors of listing the reasons why and how every single one of us on this team figured it out?"

"One," Tony held up one finger. "You two are very close---"

"Mr. Stark, we're only friends!"

"And that's exactly my point. You guys have known each other for so long and are so close to the point that you can fall for each other. Two," he held another finger up, "I see the look in your eyes every time she enters the room. Do you not recall the time Clint almost punched you in the jaw because you practically snapped your neck to look at her? Three," he held one more finger up, "you two flirt with each other a lot. Even an idiot passing by could be able to tell that you guys are madly in love."

"But how do I ask her..."

"Now, my son, that is the hardest part. But don't worry, because you are standing in front of two of the best love experts in the compound---"

"HOLD UP HOLD UP HOLD UP!" he heard two voices shout, and the skidding of feet across the wooden floor. Natasha and Wanda came sprinting around the corner, eager looks on their faces. "Did we hear someone say love experts? You've come to the right place, then!"

"Ahem, Romanoff, Maximoff," he cleared his throat, "but Steve and I are clearly very educated in this subject---"

"No you're clearly not," she corrected, "you're just going to teach him nonsense from your experience at parties and picking ladies up at the club, so leave it to us. We're girls. We should know more about this kind of stuff. So now, Peter, what is it you're trying to do?" Wanda asked in her usual calming voice.

"Ask Y/N out," he stated flatly, finally getting over the initial embarrassment from admitting that fact.

"Oh boy," Natasha sighed happily, "have we been waiting for this moment to come. Took you damn long enough to finally admit that you've been wanting to date her!"