matchmaking like a boss- steve rogers

"Oh my god," you groaned as you walked into the living room with a palm smacked to your forehead, sinking into the sofa next to Steve.

"You okay?" your best friend raised an eyebrow at you in concern. "You don't sound okay."

"Nat. She's a walking nightmare."

"What?"

"She keeps insisting that I need to find a man because in her eyes, binge-watching Netflix all day is unhealthy compared to going out with the supposed 'perfect' guy. Basically, she's trying to set me up and I really don't like what she's attempted to do so far."

"What'd she do to you this time?"

"Don't even get me started. It was this guy, his name was Nathan and I swear," you shuddered, "he was a bastard. Kept checking his phone throughout dinner last Thursday night. Forced me to pay, which I would've had no problem with doing if he hadn't demanded me to do so. Talked only about himself, if we did talk at all. So I dumped him as soon as the date was over. But he was extremely clingy afterwards."

"He sounds awful."

"And to top it off, it turns out he was texting a bunch of other girls that night we went out to dinner together. How horrible can a man be? Sometimes I'm really questioning Nat's matchmaking skills."

"She did that to me not too long ago as well. Nat and her determined mindset," he chuckled, shaking his head. "But thank god you're now her main victim because it means I get to sit back and relax."

"You're being very helpful right now, Cap," you said in a sarcastic tone, hitting him over the head with one of the pillows. "Way to make me feel better about the situation."

"Ow, that hurt," he rolled his eyes.

"I heard a shout," Clint commented as he walked into the room, "are you guys okay? I hope you didn't pull another prank on Loki because you know what happened last time. He almost killed you, remember?"

"Natasha is trying to fix Y/N up with someone," Steve explained. "She said that last time, she went on a blind date with this guy who kept checking his phone during dinner and was a self-absorbed prick. Kept clinging to her even after she dumped him."

"Well...if I'm being honest here, that dude was kind of cute..." Clint admitted as he tried to hold back his laughter. "But he sounds horrifying. And oh my god, do you remember Liam?"

"Please, not you too, Barton!" you shouted, glaring at him. "I don't want you to encourage Natasha in any way. You understand? And Liam had cooties."

"Stop being such a child, Y/N," Clint scoffed.

"I think that she's justified in saying he had cooties if he smells like cat litter and chews with his mouth open," Steve argued.

"Don't remind me," you fake-gagged.

"True," Clint agreed, "but I just don't get why Nat never tries to fix me up with anyone and targets you guys instead."

You and Steve exchanged a knowing look, rolling your eyes at one another.

"I don't know, Clint," you sighed, "maybe because she feels as if you aren't ready for another relationship after what happened before and that you need time to adjust before you start dating again."

"Well," he scoffed, putting a prideful look on his face, "I think I'm ready, I mean, I'm pretty irresistible if I'm being honest (you and Steve rolled your eyes again at this). Maybe I should go ask Nat and see if she can set me up with someone."

"She's down in the training room," you called after him as he walked away.

You waited until he was a fair distance away before you spoke to Steve.

"You know, don't you?" you spoke in a hushed whisper out of the corner of your mouth.

"About Clint having a thing for Natasha?" he whispered back, placing a hand on your shoulder. "And Natasha having a thing for Clint? It's so easy to tell."

"So what are we going to do about it?"

"We're going to pull what Parker would call the 'Uno reverse card' and turn the tables on her for a change."

"Hm...I like where you're going with this," he commented, tilting his head as he thought about the plan. "If we're thinking about the same thing, that means we're going to try and set them up with each other."

"Exactly," you pointed at him, "Matchmaking like a boss. Let's do this, Rogers."

"Clintasha forever," he gave you a high-five.

...

"Nat?" Clint called as he walked towards the training room.

"Oh hey," she nodded, stopping what she was doing and turning around to greet him. "Your timing is actually just right here, because you're just the person I was looking to talk to."

"Huh?"

"Look," she grabbed his arm and dragged him inside, closing the door behind them so no one could overhear their conversation. "I need your help on something very important. It's about fixing Y/N up."

"I heard about her horror stories. Liam didn't sound like the best date ever," he replied. "Are you trying to find her another person?"

"Well...now that I've set her up with all these guys, I'm realizing that none of them were perfect for her. But I think there's still hope, because there's one more guy left that might just be her ideal man..."

"And that is who, exactly?"

"Steve."

"As in, Rogers?"

"Who else?" she rolled her eyes, crossing her arms over her chest.

"You want to fix Y/N and Steve up with each other?" the archer raised an eyebrow in shock. "But how are we going to do this? And why?"

"Because they're two best friends who are so in love with each other and don't know it. Something must be done, Clint!" she placed both of her hands on his shoulders. "Think about it. Both of them are well-respected, loved-by-many superheroes who are perfect for one another but fail to realize that fact. Neither one of them would ever think to make a move on the other person so that's why we need to do something!"

"You're right," Clint nodded, "I'm tired of seeing them being so oblivious to each others' feelings. But how exactly are we going to pull this off?"

"I have an idea," a grin slowly spread across her face. "I've got it all figured out, now all you need to do is help me put the plan into action."